Unable to get VIP 211 activated with EHD

jetsetter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
I have a Maxtor One Touch IV - 500GB drive that I have connected to my VIP 211 and have tried to get it activated for two days now - and they send the activation - but I keep on getting message 499 - that the receiver has detected a USB hard drive. Please call 1-888-xxx-xxxx to get it activated.....

They have tried to activate it a few times - and I have powered the drive down quite a few times and each time it comes back with the same message

The System info screen even says, VIP211-HD !!!

The software version is L525RAGD-N

Any ideas?

Thanks

Click on Search, type: "household key" and read. :)

Thanks... Had them rehit but still no joy... It already has the household key. Now the tech believes that the DNASP rev is not the latest - she had to fill out some form that now will take 7-10 business days for the technical dept to get updated...!!

So, after two days and numerous chats - I have to wait for 7-10 days and hope it works...

Man ! That dish CSR is clueless person !
You already have latest G3 card.
Pressurize them to send an EHD activation 'hit' to your receiver. Again and again - make different calls.

DNASP241 DshH02

Software Version: L525RAGD-N
Boot Strap Version: 1113RAGD

When I had my VIP 211 activated I had to go to tech support.
When I called the CSR she was of NO help and she sent me to tech support.
Tech support was able to get me activated after a few tries.
So get them to send you to tech support and good luck.
Keep calling until you get joy.

Same here. I was trying to activate the EHD for my 211 using the 800 number in the screen pop-up but the CSR instead activated external storage for my 622 (d'uuhhh!). After waiting about 1/2 hr with no activation I called Tech Support and they sorted it all out, including issuing a credit on my account for the incorrect charge and adding the correct charge. As it was the tech guy was on the phone with me for the better part of 20 mins. until the activation was complete. (It was his first activation of a 1TB drive which he had not been told would - as-of about 24-hrs earlier - work with a 211 following the 5.24 SW update.)...

I did describe such experience here long time ago, thought it will help ppl avoid "auto" activation EHD of 622/722 if your account have 211/411 and 622/722.

Sorry - I missed that post. (And a few gazillion others, I'm afraid!)

Somehow when I called the number in the pop-up screen I was routed to a live CSR instead of an automated system. Sensing a possible issue I was sure to tell the CSR that it was the 211 EHD I wanted to activate, not the 622...and she still got it wrong!

I went through a lot of the same stuff trying to get the EHD working with my 211 and then the ext. storage HD for my 622. I did get them to waive the $40 fees but it was a hassle. What the OP said is correct you do sometimes have to call several times to get someone who knows what they are doing. My experience was several months ago, you would think that they would have it down by now.

Even with all the hassle you will be glad that you did it.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)