Unable to move or manipulate recordings

At someone's suggestion, I turned off PTAT tonight and recorded all my PrimeTime programs with my own created individual timers - upon finishing, each of those recordings became IMMEDIATELY available with "Manage Recordings" and I was able to move them to my folders and EHD. So something is wonky with PTAT, apparently and this is now working as I had tried to explain earlier.

PTAT has been that way since its inception. There is nothing new here. If you have PTAT turned on you have to wait for PTAT programming to time out before you can move anything.

I don't mean any disrespect Bobby, nor do I want to argue with anyone, but this is very much a new problem for me - I've been using PTAT and moving my recordings since I got the Hopper last February.using both PTAT and a few individual timers, and I have been moving the recordings the very same day without issue. There are other users (another Forum) who have also verified this and have started a thread specifically for this issue. Something has changed.

A footnote: I have PTAT recordings in my Main DVR View (no folder) that are over 2 weeks old and they are STILL "invisible" to "Manage Recordings" with PTAT turned on. Since I have found a "work-around" that solves the problem by just turning it off, I'll just leave it off unless/until it goes back to working as it had previously.

Since retiring 2 years ago, TV has literally become my new career - at least during the long wet Seattle winters.... so anytime anything changes, I'm pretty sensitive to that - and something is different.

Last edited:
Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)