Unable to view DishONLINE VOD after a good download

jazfel

Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
Hardware: ViP722
Software: L610
Issue: Unable to view DishONLINE VOD TV Entertainment programs after download is complete. I go to DishONLINE, then "My Downloads", click start on a downloaded program and screen will not progress past "Please wait..." This seems to be related to the new software release.

Suggestions are greatly-appreciated!

Hardware: ViP722
Software: L610
Issue: Unable to view DishONLINE VOD TV Entertainment programs after download is complete. I go to DishONLINE, then "My Downloads", click start on a downloaded program and screen will not progress past "Please wait..." This seems to be related to the new software release.

Suggestions are greatly-appreciated!

It was explained to me, by S-TSR, it takes about 30 to 40 seconds for the STB to query the 1080p monitor via the STB, and call Dish for authorization.

Paramount: STB: MUST BE USING HDMi & CONNECTED TO A PHONE LINE; Make sure no one is on the phone when you request the film!!!.

I've yet, and doubt I'll use, PPV... I simply wait for the film to be shown on HBO, MAX, SHO, and Starz. Let me know if the PQ is stunning, as expected...

If the problem persists, try a hard re-boot... pull power, wait 60 seconds... if that doesn't resolve the issue, call for TSR.

I was just trying to watch the free SD programming on DishONLINE. Nothing HD. In fact, was trying this on a SD TV. I will give the hard reboot a try, however and will report back my results here.

I was just trying to watch the free SD programming on DishONLINE. Nothing HD. In fact, was trying this on a SD TV. I will give the hard reboot a try, however and will report back my results here.

Check the 'time' field, to see if there's actually content in the VOD subject. If it shows '0:00', then its a dud. It happens on occasion(s)...

Hard reboot did not help. It's been on "Please wait..." for over over three minutes now. [Then goes back to TV mode.] Also, I doubt it is supposed to dial out for authorization, but since it was mentioned before, thought that I would say that it does not attempt to dial out while the screen says "Please wait...".

I just tried it and it does work for me. The message I see is "authorizing please wait", then the download begins. Takes about a minute to authorize. I am only connected with ethernet. Are you connected via phone and/or ethernet? Of course you are, or else you couldn't even download anything :)

Right now I'm watching a downloaded free show - "Mens 4x200m Freestyle" final from the Athens 2004 Olympics. It's a 10min long program that took 30min to download. The picture looks like an HD resolution, but there is SEVERE motion blur, like a slideshow with double frames. Completely unwatchable, useless, garbage.

Hard reboot did not help. It's been on "Please wait..." for over over three minutes now. [Then goes back to TV mode.] Also, I doubt it is supposed to dial out for authorization, but since it was mentioned before, thought that I would say that it does not attempt to dial out while the screen says "Please wait...".

The dial-out should only apply to PPV.

I'd call in, at this point... Understand, they can reset your 722 remotely, but at times, you may lose aspects; how you've taught your 722 to record and behave, through their remote reset...

Did you confirm 'content time' of the VOD program?

I just tried it and it does work for me. The message I see is "authorizing please wait", then the download begins. Takes about a minute to authorize. I am only connected with ethernet. Are you connected via phone and/or ethernet? Of course you are, or else you couldn't even download anything :)

Right now I'm watching a downloaded free show - "Mens 4x200m Freestyle" final from the Athens 2004 Olympics. It's a 10min long program that took 30min to download. The picture looks like an HD resolution, but there is SEVERE motion blur, like a slideshow with double frames. Completely unwatchable, useless, garbage.

I downloaded the same 'Mens 4x200m Free'. 0H10M and it still did not work. - Guess I will be making a phone call in a bit...

HammerDown,

I haven't tried the VODs in a while, as I found the PQ pretty bad on my 47" 1080p set (I'm an HD Only client).

Have you experimented with other, so called 'On Demand' feeds'?

And another question, are these actually streamed to the drive, as 'On-Demand' requests? If so, that's actually pretty damn impressive, if that is indeed the case...! :eureka

Yes if you push dvr and choose dishonline and then tv entertainment there are several free events for download. I tried it out last night on a short 4 minute video on the giant redwoods and it seemed to work fine. took it about a minute to authorize and about 5 or 6 minutes to download to the hard drive. All the normal dvr functions seemed to be working.

UPDATE...
This problem is only on (SDTV )#2, works great on HDTV (#1). Can anyone confirm if this is widespread or just my 722?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts