Unable to view older recorded programs on my 922

NABRIL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Like most of us, I have recordings in my DVR that go back quite a bit (5 years or more). I can replay some of them fine, but others simply don't play regardless of whether I select RESUME or Start Over.

Can older recordings get corrupt? Or get lost in the hard drive somehow? Or the recordings lose their pointer to the drive?

Thanks stephen
No, these were not transferred. They were recorded on this DVR long ago. How do I reset the receiver, as you suggested?

I have noticed that some of the programs that were transferred to my EHD a long time ago (like 10-15 months ago) have this problem, while nothing transferred in the past six months gives me any trouble. I have had no trouble with non-transferred programs on the DVR (922) itself no matter how long ago they were recorded. Did Dish improve the software that oversees the transfer process at some point in the past year making new transfers less likely to be problematic? Or are older transferred recordings just more likely to be corrupted?

I have recordings dating to the VOOM days (2007?) and although I don't look often I have not had problems.
These were transferred to EHDs long ago--maybe as soon as the receivers allowed.
The only Hopper problem is that older transfers have a singular bad record date, year 2106.
-Ken

Not the answer you want but, of course anything electronic can end up getting corrupted. I have nothing to compare to since in the last 5 years I have gone from a 625 to a 722 to the Hopper. Lost all my EHD programs when my acct number changed when I got DishNet Wireline.

Not the answer you want but, of course anything electronic can end up getting corrupted. I have nothing to compare to since in the last 5 years I have gone from a 625 to a 722 to the Hopper. Lost all my EHD programs when my acct number changed when I got DishNet Wireline.

So if for some reason I would want DishNet I would have to change my account # and lose all my EHD stuff ? That seems like a deal breaker to me.

Dishnet is the old name for Dish. If you are a current subscriber to Dish you should have no problem. Recordings on an ehd from a 622, 722 or 922 series should also play on each other or a Hopper. No need to change accounts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)