"Unauthorized Access Attempts" to my Hopper 3

medvyed

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 27, 2007
Acworth, GA
A few days ago, Comcast switched on their Advanced Security feature for 18 million broadband subscribers. Advanced Security is an enhanced firewall for Comcast's broadband gateways.

Since being switched on, Advanced Security has intercepted three unauthorized access attempts to my Hopper 3 device on my network. Each attempt was from a different IP address and on different days, but all three attempted to access Port 5106.

Has anyone else experienced unauthorized access attempts to their Hopper 3? What's so special about port 5106 on the Hopper 3?

Thanks for any info you can offer.

A few days ago, Comcast switched on their Advanced Security feature for 18 million broadband subscribers. Advanced Security is an enhanced firewall for Comcast's broadband gateways.

Since being switched on, Advanced Security has intercepted three unauthorized access attempts to my Hopper 3 device on my network. Each attempt was from a different IP address and on different days, but all three attempted to access Port 5106.

Has anyone else experienced unauthorized access attempts to their Hopper 3? What's so special about port 5106 on the Hopper 3?

Thanks for any info you can offer.

Medvyed, we definitely want to take a further look into your issue. We would suggest reaching out to our chat team so that we can forward your information to our advance technical support team and back office. You are able to use this link to reach out to our chat team: Request Rejected

Reactions: medvyed
Medvyed, we definitely want to take a further look into your issue. We would suggest reaching out to our chat team so that we can forward your information to our advance technical support team and back office. You are able to use this link to reach out to our chat team: Request Rejected
Is there a number I can call to reach the advanced tech support team? The chat team member I got thinks I'm asking to grant her access to my Hopper 3.
IMG_2306.PNG

The first two are Dish. The third doesn’t seem to be. Used to have a network traffic analyzer on my network. I don’t recall specifically if 5106 was the port that the Hopper was often using but it was something weird like that (I stopped using the analyzer about 18 months ago).

I wouldn’t worry about it.

Reactions: medvyed
I’ve seen hundreds of unauthorized access attempts on an Allen-Bradly paperless chart recorder at work. I’m sure it happens more often than we know about, but in my case hackers realize they’ve broken into a brainless port-a-potty. Although I work for an organization the employs the fastest computer on the planet. Security is decent.

Last edited:
Fact that it's coming from different IP addresses makes it sound like it's random bots looking for holes and not likely an actual human trying to get to your devices specificly. Now that you have new firewall you know what has always been going on since before you had Comcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)