Under the Dome

I'll be curious to see how they p

I would imagine that they still urinate the same way that people outside the dome do. Are you suggesting that some sort of radiation from the dome itself causes a mutation of some sort?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I would imagine that they still urinate the same way that people outside the dome do. Are you suggesting that some sort of radiation from the dome itself causes a mutation of some sort?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Funny guy. I don't know how that post ended up not including the end of my sentence. :) But I am still in a bit of a post-15 hour drive jet-lag fog, so who knows, maybe I really was suggesting that it would be interesting to see how they p! :) Or not.

Okay, but without the entire concept of the dome, there would be nothing much for the characters to react to in this podunk town except a guy with an obsession with propane. Oh wait a minute! We all ready had that show in the past few years. It was animated and it was called King of the Hill.:D

One could also view it as the town being magically transported to an island and cut off from the rest of the world... Oh wait that was Lost... A similar concept the character interactions by being forced to be together is an ancient plot device...

Just watched the second episode. They are drawing bits and pieces from the book, but I think making it a pretty decent series. I still would prefer just a 13 episode "mini-series" faithful to the book, but it is not bad. And King is involved in the production, so in some ways he is helping guide a re-telling of his own story.

One could also view it as the town being magically transported to an island and cut off from the rest of the world... Oh wait that was Lost... A similar concept the character interactions by being forced to be together is an ancient plot device...

Or Gilligans Island?:D

Okay, but without the entire concept of the dome, there would be nothing much for the characters to react to in this podunk town except a guy with an obsession with propane. Oh wait a minute! We all ready had that show in the past few years. It was animated and it was called King of the Hill.:D

I tell you whhhat...

I am ready to delete it if it don't start getting better a few more episodes and Jericho was much better than this!! :)

I am ready to delete it if it don't start getting better a few more episodes and Jericho was much better than this!! :)

I do not think Jericho is a fair comparison.

But I agree it isn't great, but my criticism is I wanted them to create a mini-series of the book, not drawing piecemeal from it in ways that simply don't make a lot of sense to me. Yet, there is nothing else on, so I'll keep watching.

From what I read today somewhere on the net , this show is a 13 part mini-series . So it should be wrapped up by the end of this season. OF course if the ratings stay up , we might see Dome 2 next year in a big city like New York or L.A. or Chicago. See how the city people deal with being trapped in a city with no way out. But the coolest place that the dome could be shown is in Washington,D.C. , where most of the people in congress live in a bubble already, so a dome wouldn't be much different for them.:D

From what I read today somewhere on the net , this show is a 13 part mini-series . So it should be wrapped up by the end of this season. OF course if the ratings stay up , we might see Dome 2 next year in a big city like New York or L.A. or Chicago. See how the city people deal with being trapped in a city with no way out. But the coolest place that the dome could be shown is in Washington,D.C. , where most of the people in congress live in a bubble already, so a dome wouldn't be much different for them.:D

But it is not a mini-series FAITHFUL to the actual book it is based on. Not like the Stand mini-series, or IT mini-series. I don't count Haven, because it was based on a novella, The Colorado Kid, and was much better off as being loosely derived from it.

They could have easily made a 13 episode mini-series of the book, and done it quite well. I only hope when 11-22-63 is given the tv treatment, they are more faithful to it.

Last night's episode was interrupted by the local news station for 20+ minutes apparently because of weather alerts. You should see their Facebook page -- people are pissed ! The station's consolation ? They'll re-run the episode .... next Sunday !

I do not think Jericho is a fair comparison.

But I agree it isn't great, but my criticism is I wanted them to create a mini-series of the book, not drawing piecemeal from it in ways that simply don't make a lot of sense to me. Yet, there is nothing else on, so I'll keep watching.

I am just saying Jericho was better imo :)

It was slow paced but moved the story along pretty well imo.

Not a bad episode...still holding my attention. My thoughts: Big Jim is a Big Creep; Junior is an even creepier version of Senior; Barbie and Julia are packing their collective baggage and taking a short trip to dysfunctional Relationshipville; after only a couple days, Sheriff Linda is now the only cop left in town; I didn't know two people could faint and wind-up lying side-by-side while ranting "The pink stars are falling in lines"; I thought it was pretty funny how The Simpson's Movie playing on the loop at the teen gathering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts