Underhanded money saving question....

johnnnybrauvo

Original poster
May 22, 2005
I'm planning on adding the 10 Voom HD channels .

But I need to get an extra dish installed ( according to customer service ) which will cost 195 or 198 dollars .

I just read on a different website that I can get the second dish installed for free if I just ask to get it installed for some local channels . The channels that say " You must have a second dish to view this channel . DISH Network will provide this free of any charge ."

This is probably a dumb question..but will that actually work ?

Can I get the dish installed for free ( for local channels ) and then just use that to get the VOOM channels ?

Can it be true ?

Any advice would be awesome.

Thanks .

Nothing underhanded about it. I just did the sme thing a couple of weeks ago. By law, Dish has to provide you with a 61.5 dish, free of charge. Just call them up and ask for a 61.5 install , because you're missing some local stations. As soon as the installer leaves, call and get the Voom channels added.

You have to have local channel on the 61.5 location, and I believe that I've read that they have to be one of the big four. (don't know, you'll have to find out) And I believe you will have to sign up for Dish locals for a year to get the dish for free. You can go to Dish's website and go to local channels put in your address and see if it says that you need a second dish, if it does then call Dish and see what they say, (don't mention Voom) if it doesn't then you are SOL!

It does not need to be one of the big 4. I'm in DFW area, and one "obscure" local is on the 148 (I think it may even be Spanish). I had them add the second dish, and then had the installer point it to 61.5, then signed up for Voom, no questions asked.
Tom in TX

Just out of curiosity... what if somebody wants to add one of the many international channels available on 61.5? will they too get the dish for free from E*?

This worked for me also my station was a pbs station.You might get used lnbs and switches do not think this will all be new parts my install was used parts. But it was all free.

Awesome !

Thanks. Yeah , the stations that will be added are PBS stations and spanish channels , which I dont really need.....

But cool !

VOOM here I come !

Also , I'll be able to see the Dish Demo channel .

Woo hoo !

Thanks !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)