Understanding and Solutions: Blu-ray could win format war

Good article teamerickson.
I've been saying this all year long, movies is what helps a format win the war.
Fine, not everyone may not have the same taste, but you cannot deny the fact that Blu-ray has movies that people are more interested in, I should say more variety, more titles to choose from, and the prices are great, and bogo's are what keeps people buying the Blu-ray discs. Maybe Toshiba can take a hint from this, the more studios you have, the better you have the chance to win the war, and yes movies are a factor, sony made a smart decision on picking up the key studios that are helping them achieving that goal.
I like some movies that are on HD-DVD, but not many that would make me go out and buy the player for 2-3 movies that I am interested in, where on the other hand I have several movies from blu-ray that I am interested in, and planning to buy more.

Good article teamerickson.
I've been saying this all year long, movies is what helps a format win the war.
Fine, not everyone may not have the same taste, but you cannot deny the fact that Blu-ray has movies that people are more interested in, I should say more variety, more titles to choose from, and the prices are great, and bogo's are what keeps people buying the Blu-ray discs. Maybe Toshiba can take a hint from this, the more studios you have, the better you have the chance to win the war, and yes movies are a factor, sony made a smart decision on picking up the key studios that are helping them achieving that goal.
I like some movies that are on HD-DVD, but not many that would make me go out and buy the player for 2-3 movies that I am interested in, where on the other hand I have several movies from blu-ray that I am interested in, and planning to buy more.

If I were you(since you have a 360) I would just go buy the add on, its well worth it. Altough these days you can get a stand alone for the same money if not less.

If I were you(since you have a 360) I would just go buy the add on, its well worth it. Altough these days you can get a stand alone for the same money if not less.

If anything I would get the A2 player, your right I should get one since they are in-expensive.
I wouldn't touch the xbox 360's HD-DVD add on even with a 10" pole, mainly because my 360 makes too much noise.
Plus the A2 player looks much cooler than the HD-DVD add on :).
The price went back up to 180$+Tax, it use to be 99.98$.
Bummer I didn't take advantage of that.

If anything I would get the A2 player, your right I should get one since they are in-expensive.
I wouldn't touch the xbox 360's HD-DVD add on even with a 10" pole, mainly because my 360 makes too much noise.
Plus the A2 player looks much cooler than the HD-DVD add on :).
The price went back up to 180$+Tax, it use to be 99.98$.
Bummer I didn't take advantage of that.
I guess i never notice it since mine is in an enclosed cabinet.

Even at $180 thats not too bad, probably will go down again soon