Understanding lyngsat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jogon64

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Northern Mexico
What does it mean when someone posts a signal on lyngsat but has no channel name, SR, Pids, etc.?

Only the frequency, tp #, date and poster is detailed. See 12173 V on the image.

Is this a feed? Is it data? How did the poster find it? Is it something I´m not supposed to see?

I can´t scan it in since my stb needs an SR.

I know it´s recent since the same person contributed the previous tp information as you can see on the screenshot attached.

Thanks

lyngsat140911png.PNG

Ice,

I wanted to know about these cases in general because they appear a lot on lyngsat on different sats all the time.

Not about this particular tp.

How did you read it? What equipment do I need?

There is no channels on that transponder there anymore. There might have been but when a TP goes empty and nothing fills it that is how Lyngsat updates it

If you are referring to the TP above (12172) that means there was an update. Could be a channel added, removed, scrambled, PIDS changed or someone sends in info just to get their name on there

jogon64 , Iceberg is on the money. As a matter of fact both signals were updated just a few days ago by me (Juan J. Fdez) together with a few more (Canal 9 Salta at 11958V 2500 is still missing) via the usual email to Christian Lyngemark , Lyngsat's owner. He acctually replied asking with a website address to confirm it belonged to Canal 9 Salta but I guess he forgot to update it or who knows why he did not added it.

Canal 21 was using that 12173V entry but apparently recently was moved to the same position (even with the same PIDs) that Supreme Master had on 12169V. So it basically means there was a signal there but not anymore. I usually used that TP to finally optimize skew that is why I noticed it when I was installing a dish for a friend.

Maybe I also wanted my name up there like Iceberg posted (lol) but coincidentaly in this case the portuguese channel Sic Noticias was removed (it could be hidden but it certainly does not scan in anymore) recently and therefore I reported it to be removed/updated from Lyngsat. Also TV Cooperativa Canal 6 was removed as well. Other updates as I recall are now ITC status for all Uruguayan channels.

BTW Lyngsat now labels AC3 and AAC audio with a red color but will in the future consider to use a different color for AAC. TVU on the same sat uses AAC audio.

Feel free to contact Lyngsat on their email to update or add any channel over America. Please give as much info as you possibly can. You can remain anonymous by indicating so if you want.

Thanks Ice and hdfan.

I´m just trying to learn how things work and make sure I don´t miss any channels on the sats I have.

I thought those empty tps were new ones listed, but now I get it. They had channels there but not anymore. (I was looking all over the place for Canal 6 since they will show an occasional soccer game from Argentina)

Juan J. Fdez aka Hdfan, so it´s essentially the same guys spreading their knowledge all over these sites. Neat!

Thanks a lot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts