Undocumented DirecTV Installer Allegedly Stole Customer's Bulldog Pup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The jerk that hired this border crossing criminal should be arrested and charged with violating ICE, California and federal labor laws...
These p***ks that hire the illegals should all be thrown in prison

I'm agreeing 100% beside letting a criminal in someone's house they also make us look like idiots and felons

Last edited by a moderator:
The jerk that hired this border crossing criminal should be arrested and charged with violating ICE, California and federal labor laws...
These p***ks that hire the illegals should all be thrown in prison

They never enforce that law, wish they did but they don't. If they raid a company and round up illegals (which they don't even do anymore) they deport them and the company gets off scott free. Two days later everyone is back to work.

New Dish Network commercial - "Don't let Direct TV steal your dog,..... get Dish Network" :D

They hire contractors, don't they?

The installer that came to my house and did a crappy job barely spoke a word of English and just basically had receivers, dishes and other gear strewn carelessly all over his mini van. I made sure I followed him everywhere. I don't trust anyone in my house.

This is called "ghosting."

Techs come and go from installation companies all the time. Most of those who leave have been assigned a tech number by the installation company. That number is associated with a successful background check and a successful drug test. There is a legal SS# and the right to work here has been established for the tech.

So after they leave for all kinds of reasons............the installation company can just assign the tech number to an unknown applicant and get him on the street while all the above paperwork is established. Sometimes the paperwork cannot ever be established. If the guy keeps his mouth shut and does good work he can make some money for quite a while. Sometimes not so long..........the cops even show up to collect him on payday because of the background check results.

I got an occasional cell call for an ETA for jobs I was not routed to do....from companies I no longer worked for. The installation subcontractor had given the wrong contact information (mine) .
So...it happens. Committing a crime against a recent installation customer is not an example of keeping a low profile.

Joe

Ghosting, using fake ID's and the other means to get these illegals work is killing this industry. The will work for next to nothing, partly because they don't pay taxes. But it forces ligitimat contractors to have to work for next to nothing.

Both cable and satellite need to move most of the contractors and subcontractors in house.

at least this guy did not kill some one.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Valley-couple-settles-wrongful-death-lawsuit-134273708.html

http://consumerist.com/2006/12/14/comcast-repair-worker-charged-with-murder/

That is a good argument. However for most of these big companies, contractors are the life blood that enable them to exist. It would put many out of business trying to go all "inhouse".

That is a good argument. However for most of these big companies, contractors are the life blood that enable them to exist. It would put many out of business trying to go all "inhouse".
Correct..........but you see them going out of business as a bad thing. Employment laws were passed to protect workers from big companies. The whole concept of subcontractors has been allowed to spin out of control.
Aside from employer responsibility.............corporate protection from liability should not allow dangerous criminals to act without consequences going to those who authorized the dangerous worker.

Joe

Correction. "Employment laws were passed by big companies to protect workers from big companies."
My thought was the mandatory costs of using and employee; insurance of many flavors, wage payment & protection from liability for financial results. All these costs are avoided by calling a job applicant a contractor.
There is little doubt that large companies did their best to minimize the impact of the costs of having employees but were these things not forced on business by the feds & labor unions?

There is a difference in emphasis but in this thread customers have been damaged by agents of large companies. The large companies are protected from liability by asserting they are not responsible for the actions of their contractors. The "contractors" have no assets.....there can be no damage recovery....unless the big company can be included in the suite. Because something is legal does not make it fair.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)