Unhappy customer :(

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GetBit03

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
St. Louis MO.
I have had dish since 12/31/13 and they have not gotten my bill correct once yet. I set up my online account with paperless and auto pay for the extra credit and yep you guessed it I didn't get it. I canceled my FREE three months of HBO Cinemax Starz and TMC it ended 3/31 but they still want me to pay for it for the month of April, they say just pay and we will credit it back in May. WTF???? I don't have money to give you to hold on to for me til next month. Anyways I know in the past you used to have a certain amount of time to cancel and not be charged an early termination, I'm sure they have taken this away so am I stuck paying a ETF if I cancel?? I've had it with TV providers, I'm going OTA and FTA only these company's are idiots. I'm not gonna miss much really. Thanks.

Don't know your particulars & you may have already even done this. However many new customers don't know or have even been told about this.

For new customers it can be confusing. You have to pay your 1st month up front before system is even installed. You get the instant credit but not the online bonus until after your system is activated, even though you had order setup with auto pay & paperless billing. To get the online bonus you have to create and register for an account on dish's site. Go to my offers, select online bonus & go through the necessary hoops. Once completed it will give you confirmation.

Where they pre bill, canceling the freebies right at the end of 90 days always creates a headache. If you were billed for them they will credit it back, imo this is nothing more than a loan to them till the next billing cycle.

It's a shame dish gave you a bad 1st impression. I'm sure by your post you won't be recommending dish to others & this hurts them in the long run. Many have & are near to cutting the cord. It's high time for TV providers to start realizing this.

How did you get DISH on 12/31/13? Maybe that is why they are having trouble with billing your account, it hasn't started yet.

I have had dish since 12/31/13 and they have not gotten my bill correct once yet. I set up my online account with paperless and auto pay for the extra credit and yep you guessed it I didn't get it. I canceled my FREE three months of HBO Cinemax Starz and TMC it ended 3/31 but they still want me to pay for it for the month of April, they say just pay and we will credit it back in May. WTF???? I don't have money to give you to hold on to for me til next month. Anyways I know in the past you used to have a certain amount of time to cancel and not be charged an early termination, I'm sure they have taken this away so am I stuck paying a ETF if I cancel?? I've had it with TV providers, I'm going OTA and FTA only these company's are idiots. I'm not gonna miss much really. Thanks.

I apologize for the experience you've had. I'd like to look into this for you. Can you send me a PM with your full name, account number and pin number?

I did go through the hoops of waiting until the system was installed then I set up the my dish account and got the conformation. The credit was never given I had to call and then it was given but they couldn't change the bill already sent and said the promotion would start the next month. I set up auto cancel on the promos two to three weeks into getting service so I for sure did not wait until the end. My mistake on the date it was supposed to say 12/31/12. I have been a customer of the other provider for four years now and have never had a single problem or complaint their billing is spot on the free promos drop off automatically, what a novel idea!! Also they don't bill a month up front! I have seriously made a mistake in which provider I went with, I had dish 7 years ago and they were much much better, I really don't want this fixed I want out, if its this bad already I don't want any part of it. I almost did not choose dish because they bill a month ahead. I do not agree with that! I will never recommend dish to anyone and its a shame because the last time I had them I had the max credits you could get a month for signing other people up. WOW how the times have changed!

Last edited:
If Dish is smart about this they will cancel your account....

Last edited:
Dude, DIRT is here. Use DIRT, don't contact Dish any other way. DIRT is manna from Heaven when it comes to resolving problems.

The only real problem I had with Dish was billing related. Not certain why they still use a VAX system for that.

Just wanted to let everyone know, we can handle almost all requests but cancelling an account is one thing we can not do. This would require a phone call or a chat session.

EDIT. Your right IM the problem. HAH. I have not changed anything except dropped my premiums I don't even use but they insisted I try them for free. WHATEVER. I'm done.

Last edited:
DirecTV doesn't pro rate? That's funny, they do the same billing crap that E* does, and if you are on cc autopay, they even take the money before you can actually see the bill.

The only way to get a steady bill is to not change anything.

DirecTV doesn't pro rate? That's funny, they do the same billing crap that E* does, and if you are on cc autopay, they even take the money before you can actually see the bill.

The only way to get a steady bill is to not change anything.
Exactly. I get the feeling the OP is making changes and is po'd because they don't take immediate effect, otherwise it would not be such a big deal.

All promotional prices are advertised for 12 months. No where does it say "save a little the 1st month, more the 2nd thru 12th months & a little on the 13th". However this is exactly how it is setup & can be misleading if a person doesn't know. It still works out to be 12 months for the monthly credit & the online bonus, just not all at the same time for 2 of those months. Confused yet? :confused: You can thank dish for that.

I've never really spoken ill of Directv, and I've been honest with my experience with Dish, so that attitude is uncalled for.
There was no attitude, other than possibly a light-hearted one. But, the words were called for based on the comment I was replying to.

Just because DIRT is on the case doesn't mean they can solve every issue to every customer's complete satisfaction. It's just not logical to think that they can, even if they are extremely good at what they do. Yes, they are miles above the standard phone or chat support reps. But, to ascribe omnipotence to them does imply a certain brand loyalty that might extend beyond logic.

All promotional prices are advertised for 12 months. No where does it say "save a little the 1st month, more the 2nd thru 12th months & a little on the 13th". However this is exactly how it is setup & can be misleading if a person doesn't know. It still works out to be 12 months for the monthly credit & the online bonus, just not all at the same time for 2 of those months. Confused yet? :confused: You can thank dish for that.

which is exactly what D* does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)