Uniden Supra Power Supply

Houston Rockets

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2021
Dallas Texas
Hello I have a old Uniden Supra IRD and I was looking to replace the power supply on it, I wanted to know if anyone knows where I might could find one I have the model number of it,,
UnidenPower2.jpg
UniPowerSupply.jpg

Ebay is likely your ONLY chance to find one. Otherwise, you'd have to repair the one you have.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Ebay is likely your ONLY chance to find one. Otherwise, you'd have to repair the one you have.

Thanks for your responds, I have found another Uniden IRD, it just when I opened the motherboard is showing a date on 94 that 27 yrs on a power supply..

Anyone knows anyone who rebuilds power supplies?

Anyone knows anyone who rebuilds power supplies?
Nobody specific, these things are ancient. However, any good electronics technician can likely repair it. It might be as simple as replacing all the capacitors and resoldering any bad solder joints that have developed.

By the way, this receiver isn't really good for anything anymore because it's obsolete, and there's no analog signals left. What do you need it for? Are you just using it to move your dish? If so, this would be better for you and likely cheaper than finding and paying somebody to repair the Supra:

Reactions: FTA4PA
Nobody specific, these things are ancient. However, any good electronics technician can likely repair it. It might be as simple as replacing all the capacitors and resoldering any bad solder joints that have developed.

By the way, this receiver isn't really good for anything anymore because it's obsolete, and there's no analog signals left. What do you need it for? Are you just using it to move your dish? If so, this would be better for you and likely cheaper than finding and paying somebody to repair the Supra:

Just moving the dish