Uninsured under influnce non licensed motorists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohnok

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
BFE Flyover State
So today I was returning from my trip to get my daughters for my half of christmas break well anyways I was coming into town and this clown runs a stop light t-bones my jeep grand cherokee. So anyways I check on my daughters to see if they are ok and they are well one daughter had her head slammed of the passenger window.

Cops show up take a report that driver gets arrested for driving under suspension, possible dui/dwi and failure to carry proof of insurance. Turns out the car belongs to his girl friend who shows up we get her information. I am lawyering up and going after her also because she allowed him to drive her suv knowing he had a suspended license. I am going to go after the both of them with a vengeance, I may not be able to get anything from them but in the state I live in I can get judgements and then I can garnish paychecks and place liens on pretty much any account they have. I will make sure both of them can neither buy anything everything that requires a credit check.

STOP! for a minute. Cool off a bit and then ask yourself, " How will giving my hard earned money to a lawyer make me feel better?" It sucks but there are no good outcomes to this :(

How are the kids today? Just how hard a bang did her head get?

Hope your daughters are ok, my 17yr old niece was t-boned by another 17yr old girl running a red light 2 weeks ago. It gave her a concussion from hitting the window and spinning 3 times before hitting another car in the opposite turn lane.

Did the girlfriend have insurance on the vehicle and if so, was the boyfriend an excluded driver? I run into that a lot, along with the uninsured illegal residents. I review every single auto collision report from 6 cities in the Metro daily (roughly 400 accidents a week) and it is an unfortunate, (1 in 4 uninsured) but a common trend. It would make many afraid to drive, if they read some of the reports that come in..

I usually get the District Attorney to add restitution on behalf of the Cities for damages to public property by uninsured motorists. However, it usually is going to take wage garnishment and tax refund interception to get anything, which we don't do, as it is too much for us to manage. It is rare for any of them to pay the restitution and it will just accumulate and be added to the court costs, the next time they get picked up. I usually turn these files back over to client legal and they send it to their collection agency, like the $16K traffic cabinet a guy hit and destroyed a few months ago and the girlfriends insurance company had him as an excluded driver. So now both of them are responsible for 16k plus interest and fees from the collection agency.

Depending on the county, you can check the court docket online, with the drivers name. You can get the District Attorney to file for restitution if there is no insurance. After that, yes you will need a lawyer to start and file garnishment proceedings.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/casesearch.asp

You can click the drop down for the counties that are indexed with oscn, other smaller counties may have their own online access through the county website. Creek county is that way.

Reactions: bigjohnok
You also need to check your own insurance. Even though you may pay for accident by uninsured motorists some things may not be covered depending who you have insurance with.
Friend of mine was hit by non license/non insured motorist and was paying uninsured on his policy and got $0. Has or should I say had State Farm.

Not buying it.
When you meet with an attorney in Konsure Law Firm to discuss your accident, they will evaluate the viability of your case and attempt to identify the responsible parties and their insurers. After we have reviewed the police reports, medical records, witness statements,or other relevant information will we approach the other party's insurance company to counter their settlement offer. The Konsure Law Firm usually represents personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis which means that unless you receive a settlement or jury award, our firm does not collect an attorney's fee.

I'm not understanding.
Your lawyer is going after their insurance or wages without the
30-40% fee = you?
Family friend?

I'm not understanding.
Your lawyer is going after their insurance or wages without the
30-40% fee = you?
Family friend?
Its someone I have installed and serviced a couple of his homes so I have a relationship with him and in car accident cases like this where its open and shut in favor of the plaintiff they do not charge unless they win and then its the defendant or the defendants insurance company that pays the legal fees. Oklahoma is 1 of 8 states that allows the winner of a court case to go after the the loser for court costs and legal fees.

Well being that it is a property damage case, all legal fees and court costs are recoverable, no matter the State. I work on a contingency fee basis only, that is why I don't spend more than a couple of hours on uninsured drivers and just turn them back over to client legal for collections. It takes more time than it's worth for us.

Sorry to hear that! Hope you and your daughters were checked out at a hospital? Good luck with the legal case - they should have to pay one way or another.

1743699_819408958098510_4898307750533992946_n.jpg

this is my jeep its totaled out buts its engine drive train and axels will go into a donor body.

it got replaced with this on saturday.

10710533_820025964703476_5012921975524607232_n.jpg

Reactions: osu1991
I know in Michigan we have a law if you cause an accident and have no insurance they can take away your drivers license.

I had that car rental company try to pull that on me several months ago after the insurance won't pay their theft claim and I laughed at them when they asked if I wanted to make payments to them.

Me and my attorney put An end to that one really fast as if was a theft and not accident plus I wasn't in possession of the car at the time.

They are supposed to impound the vehicle and take the tag if the vehicle is uninsured, but it rarely happens, as the idiots at the Capitol signed the law but didn't have a plan to implement it, so the OHP and Municipal Officers have no way or approved procedures to get the tag and info to the Sheriff who is supposed to manage this government operation.

Those Jeeps are nice, my sister just traded her CTS for a new Grand Cherokee Overland with the Hemi V8, I'll stick to my Avalanche LTZ though
My new jeep is a fully optioned out limited with a hemi. It's freaking sweet. Just don't like the $400 a month payments and the down payment I dropped on it.
I have owned 3 generations of Jeep Grand Cherokees plus a Jeep Comanche pickup.
You can say I am a loyal Jeep person.

Hope your daughters are ok, my 17yr old niece was t-boned by another 17yr old girl running a red light 2 weeks ago. It gave her a concussion from hitting the window and spinning 3 times before hitting another car in the opposite turn lane.

Did the girlfriend have insurance on the vehicle and if so, was the boyfriend an excluded driver? I run into that a lot, along with the uninsured illegal residents. I review every single auto collision report from 6 cities in the Metro daily (roughly 400 accidents a week) and it is an unfortunate, (1 in 4 uninsured) but a common trend. It would make many afraid to drive, if they read some of the reports that come in..

I usually get the District Attorney to add restitution on behalf of the Cities for damages to public property by uninsured motorists. However, it usually is going to take wage garnishment and tax refund interception to get anything, which we don't do, as it is too much for us to manage. It is rare for any of them to pay the restitution and it will just accumulate and be added to the court costs, the next time they get picked up. I usually turn these files back over to client legal and they send it to their collection agency, like the $16K traffic cabinet a guy hit and destroyed a few months ago and the girlfriends insurance company had him as an excluded driver. So now both of them are responsible for 16k plus interest and fees from the collection agency.

Depending on the county, you can check the court docket online, with the drivers name. You can get the District Attorney to file for restitution if there is no insurance. After that, yes you will need a lawyer to start and file garnishment proceedings.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/casesearch.asp

You can click the drop down for the counties that are indexed with oscn, other smaller counties may have their own online access through the county website. Creek county is that way.
thanks for the info I am meeting with my lawyer tomorrow after I get the police report from the cop shop

My new jeep is a fully optioned out limited with a hemi. It's freaking sweet. Just don't like the $400 a month payments and the down payment I dropped on it.
I have owned 3 generations of Jeep Grand Cherokees plus a Jeep Comanche pickup.
You can say I am a loyal Jeep person.
Yes, Dr Pohl. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)