Flat earth non sense

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Water in level !
I'm going to assume that you meant to say that water IS level. Have you ever been on a boat out in the ocean? At about three miles away and with your eyes at one foot above the water, you can no longer see the shoreline (similar to what's happening in NYDutch's photo except his photo is taken looking across Lake Ontario). The rule of thumb among mariners is that you can't see a another ship until it comes within 12 miles of your position. Here is a table showing the approximate distances: Sight Distance
Gravity is DENSITY !.
Gravity has nothing to do with density. Gravity acts on mass. You may have heard the riddle about which weighs more: a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks. The answer is that they both weigh one pound. Their density may be entirely different but gravity sees them as equals
gleason world map 1892 - Bing Gleason map of the world 1892. Does it look like a map of a sphere.??
According the the patent that Gleason filed, his map agrees with all of the other maps in terms of distances and relationships if you swing the hands around that were attached to the map. In mapping it is known as a "asimuthal equidistant projection" and it depends on the Earth being a sphere.
Just because you read it some where??
I could ask you the same question. Placing what you read over what you observe is not open-minded.
Plane's fly only in straight lines.
Planes fly however and wherever their pilots direct them (within the limits of the aircraft). We've all seen pictures or film clips of warplanes dogfighting and doing all manner of stunts. If you've flown, you know that planes have to make turns to get pretty much anywhere they're going even if it is just to make an approach.
Never over the north or south pole.
Have you never heard of a "polar flight"? It is precisely described by the great circle navigation technique that you cited earlier.
A Airplane non-stop flying from america to Asia Does not fly west but north past the arctic circle then south in a straight line.
That depends on whether you leave from the West Coast or the East Coast. If you leave from the East Coast, the plane will head somewhat Easterly. If you leave from the West Coast, the plane will head somewhat Westerly. How can you travel in different directions and get to the same destination? Is Asia between the West and East Coasts?

Reactions: TheKrell
Nice try, but not factual... As to the "flat water line", below is a longer view of the same area, showing a measurable curvature of the water line.

And you still haven't explained why a "flat earther" that claims satellites are fake is hanging around a forum that discusses the technology you claim doesn't exist.

View attachment 137314
measurable curvature ??
Nice try, but not factual... As to the "flat water line", below is a longer view of the same area, showing a measurable curvature of the water line.

And you still haven't explained why a "flat earther" that claims satellites are fake is hanging around a forum that discusses the technology you claim doesn't exist.

View attachment 137314
Quote "Microwaves can easily be bounced off of the dome in a known direction as I have done it with a ham radio. showing a measurable curvature of the water line.?? C and Ku are GHz band. Do not pick words from a statement.

Not only that, but there are plenty of commercial airline flights over the poles.

1920px-PolarRoute.png
What FLIGHT line intersects the pole. Quote" Fly North through the arctic then head south" North east or north west it is still North . Same with south.

measurable curvature ??

You don't own a straight edge??

Quote "Microwaves can easily be bounced off of the dome in a known direction as I have done it with a ham radio. showing a measurable curvature of the water line.?? C and Ku are GHz band. Do not pick words from a statement.

I didn't pick any words... You're denying the existence of satellites orbiting the earth. That flies in the face of the thousands on thousands of folks that work with the technology and know better, but you're so blinded by your faith in fictional writings that you refuse to see the provable, viewable, scientiific facts.

As I said above, you've been entertaining during a boring period, but now I'm ready to get back to the real world and leave your fantasies behind...

Reactions: TheKrell and Bobby
Quote "Microwaves can easily be bounced off of the dome in a known direction as I have done it with a ham radio.
This bounce that you experienced was off of a layer of the Earth's atmosphere known as the ionosphere. The theory holds that with the right frequency and atmospheric conditions, the signal can bounce back and forth between the Earth and the ionosphere and travel great distances.

The table that I cited above describes the curvature of the ocean. It was developed using trigonometry and is supported by observation.

This bounce that you experienced was off of a layer of the Earth's atmosphere known as the ionosphere. The theory holds that with the right frequency and atmospheric conditions, the signal can bounce back and forth between the Earth and the ionosphere and travel great distances.

The table that I cited above describes the curvature of the ocean. It was developed using trigonometry and is supported by observation.
Trigonometry doesn't exist, it is not written... ;)

I'm going to assume that you meant to say that water IS level. Have you ever been on a boat out in the ocean? At about three miles away and with your eyes at one foot above the water, you can no longer see the shoreline (similar to what's happening in NYDutch's photo except his photo is taken looking across Lake Ontario). The rule of thumb among mariners is that you can't see a another ship until it comes within 12 miles of your position. Here is a table showing the approximate distances: Sight DistanceGravity has nothing to do with density. . You may have heard the riddle about which weighs more: a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks. The answer is that they both weigh one pound. Their density may be entirely different but gravity sees them as equalsAccording the the patent that Gleason filed, his map agrees with all of the other maps in terms of distances and relationships if you swing the hands around that were attached to the map. In mapping it is known as a "asimuthal equidistant projection" and it depends on the Earth being a sphere.I could ask you the same question. Placing what you read over what you observe is not open-minded.Planes fly however and wherever their pilots direct them (within the limits of the aircraft). We've all seen pictures or film clips of warplanes dogfighting and doing all manner of stunts. If you've flown, you know that planes have to make turns to get pretty much anywhere they're going even if it is just to make an approach.Have you never heard of a "polar flight"? It is precisely described by the great circle navigation technique that you cited earlier.That depends on whether you leave from the West Coast or the East Coast. If you leave from the East Coast, the plane will head somewhat Easterly. If you leave from the West Coast, the plane will head somewhat Westerly. How can you travel in different directions and get to the same destination? Is Asia between the West and East Coasts?

Water in level ! On a clear day Take a telescope to the beach you can see farther then 12 miles.

Why would a flat map work the same as a map that is curved? Gleason map

Plane's fly only in straight lines. Commercial airline flights in route not taking off or circling to land. Sorry I though everyone knows what we are talking about. Dog fighting in a plane full of cargo or passengers?? North east or North West Still North.

Gravity acts on mass??/ Mass is gravity . Why are you not sucked into the ground MASS.

Call the dome what you want.

Nice job - he walked right into that one. It seems that in the 'flat earth' line of thinking, they don't seem to grasp the scale of things or how that impacts visible sights, measurements, etc. They use this same failed logic in trying explain why you can see objects a mile or so away and argue if there was curvature, you wouldn't be able to. Well, by that logic, with a strong enough lens, you should be able to see Hawaii from Los Angeles, for instance.

Reactions: TheKrell
Nice job - he walked right into that one. It seems that in the 'flat earth' line of thinking, they don't seem to grasp the scale of things or how that impacts visible sights, measurements, etc. They use this same failed logic in trying explain why you can see objects a mile or so away and argue if there was curvature, you wouldn't be able to. Well, by that logic, with a strong enough lens, you should be able to see Hawaii from Los Angeles, for instance.
The air would have to be Crystal clear the whole way fog, rain or dust in the air would block you view. As I said go to the ocean with a good telescope and follow a ship. your view will be blocked by particles in the air..

You don't own a straight edge??

I didn't pick any words... You're denying the existence of satellites orbiting the earth. That flies in the face of the thousands on thousands of folks that work with the technology and know better, but you're so blinded by your faith in fictional writings that you refuse to see the provable, viewable, scientiific facts.

As I said above, you've been entertaining during a boring period, but now I'm ready to get back to the real world and leave your fantasies behind...
You don't own a straight edge?? to check the obscured inversion layer ? Prove to me they are not bouncing the signal !? Top people swear to Keep the secrets Everything is kept secret from other departments. This is BIG BUCKS$$$ Clark's belt Arthur Clark fiction writer first to coin the term satellite his pictures look like the satellite they show you.

The air would have to be Crystal clear the whole way fog, rain or dust in the air would block you view. As I said go to the ocean with a good telescope and follow a ship. your view will be blocked by particles in the air..
This is typical - come up with excuses when something would disprove an argument or just declare, "it's a lie!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)