Flat earth non sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real Question is :
Are you a descendant of a primate living on a rock spinning through the vacuum of space with everything held together by the magic of Gravity.
OR
Are you a Supreme Being crated with more ability and brain power then all others put here to tend to the garden and reap the harvest.

The real irony of that last Wave Catcher post is that it’s in a satellite forum.
:D

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

As Wave catcher mentioned there are satellites they are just suspended from balloons.

Reactions: mdonnelly
something 24,000 Mi round spinning and wobbling without a sense of vibration.
Imagine a rock the size of a house and what it would take to make it shake such that you could feel it somewhere else on the rock. Now imagine that the rock is is the 3rd rock (Earth) that is many thousands of times larger than a house. A train wreck or giant explosion could go off two states away and you most likely wouldn't feel it just as I don't feel any of your earthquakes in an adjacent state (Although I've felt quakes from Washington).

This "wobble" happens at such a low frequency (much like the Earth's rotation being imperceptibly slow) that it is, for all intents and purposes, undetectable.

As for your submission of the technique surrounding "great circle distance", let's look at the definition of the phrase:

Great Circle Distance definition said:
The great-circle distance or orthodromic distance is the shortest distance between two points on the surface of a sphere, measured along the surface of the sphere (as opposed to a straight line through the sphere's interior).
As defined, it is a method of determining the shorted flight distances between two points on a sphere. There wouldn't be a need to use any course other than a straight line if the Earth were flat.

When you're committed to make what you believe mesh with a set of "teachings" as you understand them, you're mind is far from open.
People will also pick and choose "evidence" that supports their thinking too, which is backwards from normal scientific methods.

Reactions: TheKrell
The distinction that I like to use is that between fact and truth.

Fact is reality as observable by anyone and truth depends entirely on your personal point of view (a unique frame of reference possibly bounded/influenced by a third party frame of reference).

Imagine a rock the size of a house and what it would take to make it shake such that you could feel it somewhere else on the rock. Now imagine that the rock is is the 3rd rock (Earth) that is many thousands of times larger than a house. A train wreck or giant explosion could go off two states away and you most likely wouldn't feel it just as I don't feel any of your earthquakes in an adjacent state (Although I've felt quakes from Washington).

This "wobble" happens at such a low frequency (much like the Earth's rotation being imperceptibly slow) that it is, for all intents and purposes, undetectable.

As for your submission of the technique surrounding "great circle distance", let's look at the definition of the phrase:

As defined, it is a method of determining the shorted flight distances between two points on a sphere. There wouldn't be a need to use any course other than a straight line if the Earth were flat.

All I did was state my thoughts on flat earth. It was not any intention to change others mind but may be look more at other possibility's.
Explain all you want about the wobble and spin. Water in level ! It is more dense then the air. Gravity is DENSITY ! Heavy goes to the bottom lighter stuff floats.

gleason world map 1892 - Bing Gleason map of the world 1892. Does it look like a map of a sphere.?? Just because you read it some where?? Plane's fly only in straight lines. Never over the north or south pole..A Airplane non-stop flying from america to Asia Does not fly west but north past the arctic circle then south in a straight line. .

Ok, here's a question for you. In the attached photo, why does Toronto appear to be half under water? The photo was taken from ~35 miles away at a point about 40 feet above the water surface, so if anything, we should be able to see more of the city, not less. How does your flat earth theory explain that effect? And I can guarantee the photo was not retouched because I took it from Four Mile Creek State Park near Youngstown, NY in 2012 myself.
100_4505.JPG

Reactions: TheKrell and Bobby
Ok, here's a question for you. In the attached photo, why does Toronto appear to be half under water? The photo was taken from ~35 miles away at a point about 40 feet above the water surface, so if anything, we should be able to see more of the city, not less. How does your flat earth theory explain that effect? And I can guarantee the photo was not retouched because I took it from Four Mile Creek State Park near Youngstown, NY in 2012 myself.
View attachment 137311

Nice picture. It was a perfect day to get a picture like that.
First of all let me point the flat water line.
What you have is an inversion layer reflecting the water and blocking everything behind it. I said it was a perfect day ? The water and air have to more then 4 Deg difference to create this effect.

Nice try, but not factual... As to the "flat water line", below is a longer view of the same area, showing a measurable curvature of the water line.

And you still haven't explained why a "flat earther" that claims satellites are fake is hanging around a forum that discusses the technology you claim doesn't exist.

100_4502.JPG

Reactions: TheKrell
Not only that, but there are plenty of commercial airline flights over the poles.

1920px-PolarRoute.png

Reactions: NYDutch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)