Unintelligible closed captioning on HD channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Captain TV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I have two H20-100 Directv HD receivers and neither one will display readable closed captioning while on an HD channel. The closed captioning is readble in most cases on the SD feed of the channel. I have a deaf son who depends on the captioning to follow some of the programs. Is the closed captioning problem a Directv issue or an issue with my receivers?:confused:

I have a HR23-700 and use CC and haven't had any problem with it. It's not perfect but does the job.
I have a cochlear implant and my hearing is good enough now to tell when a sentence is dropped or missing. My biggest problem is when the CC lags the dialog.
I don't know if your receivers have it now, but my HR23 received a software update and now has two options for CC. The regular while letters on a black background, or yellow letters with no background. I like the latter.

I like the new ones too. For the OP, hit the yellow button and see if a menu comes up for the new ones. I sometimes get caps that are scrambled and not readable, it has nothing to do with the receiver, on some channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)