union link for installers not tryin to start trouble

Status
Please reply by conversation.
phatnuts said:
Chado I wasnt attackin you I just had to rant for a few and believe me as far as I'm concerned the customer has the last say-its thier house not mine. And your right about the accountability issue.but we have to do what the boss says to an extent. If you feel I was attacking you personally I'm man enough to say "I appologize" in front of the whole internet scene.

No apology needed bro!! Its all good. I can feel the love!!

barnburner if you go back in there PLEASE do not park in the alleyway as you can see it is our only way out and I am very suprised that the office staff's vehicles do not get run into or dinged its kinda hard to make a 90 degree turn and pass throught so many cars with 3 to 6 inches on each side of your vehicle. they should park on the back of the building where the first set of vans were parked. Im not saying I will do it intentionally - I dont want to scratch my truck- but stuff just happens.

phatnuts said:
barnburner if you go back in there PLEASE do not park in the alleyway as you can see it is our only way out and I am very suprised that the office staff's vehicles do not get run into or dinged its kinda hard to make a 90 degree turn and pass throught so many cars with 3 to 6 inches on each side of your vehicle. they should park on the back of the building where the first set of vans were parked. Im not saying I will do it intentionally - I dont want to scratch my truck- but stuff just happens.

Not a problem. I can park at the store and walk. I know things like that can happen.

phatnuts said:
If you dont mind what does "D" pay for a single, dual, triple? just basic installs?

phatnuts,

just because i want to see you go nuclear :eek:

single basic........125.00

double basic..... 150.00

triple basic......190.00

quad basic......215.00

now, who is paying the rent on the buildings??

the phone lines including WATS (800)

the secretarys?

the computers, faxes, the paper, the CSG fees etc,etc,etc.

the building insurance?

and the bosses salaries, and at excalibur i out earned all bosses BUT the company third in command ,who was our boss.

phatnuts said:
no Im not sayin at the store just not beside the office its a real tight fit there your watchin me huh?

Not watchin' anyone. Just lookin for a discussion. Certainly not lookin' to get ran over in the parking lot.

being watched

phatnuts i'm assuming the one you are bantering with is one of the corps? hear another pant load of dung was set forth again today? no one really knows what goes on at the corp. hall, give the EXACT plan in writing, sign off on just like you do with D*, or is that little bit of respect too much to ask? the figures are continually changing depending on who you ask and when you ask them(management)

would the real truth please stand up, please stand up

lol ok all name callin aside. I personally would like to see some un announced "drop ins" from the corporate office maybe someone that nobody in our office knows including management. I bet you would be in for quite a supprise at what goes on in there like me trying to get ahold of the office at 6:00-6:30 letting the phone ring for 4 minutes at a time. It is not a professionally run office. the staff should wear uniforms to identify themselves as employees not coming in there dressed like they are lookin for a date lol

rajincajun said:
phatnuts i'm assuming the one you are bantering with is one of the corps? hear another pant load of dung was set forth again today? no one really knows what goes on at the corp. hall, give the EXACT plan in writing, sign off on just like you do with D*, or is that little bit of respect too much to ask? the figures are continually changing depending on who you ask and when you ask them(management)

would the real truth please stand up, please stand up

I see your a Slim Shady fan. Not sure what that middle part of your post meant. What figures are you talking keep changing?

aight

got e-mail from one of the vics in the thing, he says claims are false, i'll fill you in tomorrow when i converse with him

barnburner said:
Ok, sorry but I need to jump in here. There are alot of assumptions in this post. Let's take these one at a time.
Do you really think that out of all the offices Bruister has, they saw how much the technicians out of one office were making and immediately decided to change the entire way it does business? Surely you don't think that was the entire reason behind the change. And for the story changing, I don't think anyone has ever said D* mandated that change. D* is requiring a certain percentage of technicians in a fleeted vehicle, but not the hourly rate (which I might add, is only for the fleet vehicles).
The phone line is a big topic I can't understand. D* has ALWAYS required the phone line as part of the install, no matter what a CSR may tell you.
And this whole conspiracy thing about assets and boosted profits for potential buyers is just crazy. If a business was looking to sell, do you really think they would run out and buy hundreds of vehicles just to look better on paper? That would only show more expense.

I never said they were making these changes based on what happened in ONE office. Pretty much all of B&A's office went through the same thing last year as far as having a ton of work and the techs making very good money. I simply related the experience in MY office as indicative of what took place in almost every B&A office.
I'll tell you what crazy is, it's that the company is planning to pay for these "mandated" (yes the is the exact words they have used over & over again) fleet vehicles with the cuts they are taking from the tech's pay. Frankly I'd rather stay in my own vehicle and make my $400 a month truck payment than I would take a company vehicle and pay $500 per WEEK for their truck.
True the hourly rate is only for the fleet vehicles. According to the lead tech from our office it is the company's plan to put veteran techs in the fleet vehicles and have the newbies use their personal vehicles. Think about that, they take a tech who usually makes $1000+ per week limit his pay to about $530 per week by putting him in a fleet vehicle and paying him hourly, then they take a FNG and pay him a lower piece work rate for his first six months (he is in training afterall) and only give him enough jobs so he averages $450-$500 per week. Make those kinds of changes and suddenly the company is making a ton more profit per install than they ever have before.
The amount of profits they would gain from cutting a single productive veteran tech's pay by 50% would just about pay the purchase cost for one fully stocked fleet vehicle within one year. Now if the company gets put up for sale and they can show a potential buyer that they were able to purchase a complete fleet of vehicles while maintaining roughly the same profit margins as the year before then they will very marketable.

phatnuts said:
lol ok all name callin aside. I personally would like to see some un announced "drop ins" from the corporate office maybe someone that nobody in our office knows including management. I bet you would be in for quite a supprise at what goes on in there like me trying to get ahold of the office at 6:00-6:30 letting the phone ring for 4 minutes at a time. It is not a professionally run office. the staff should wear uniforms to identify themselves as employees not coming in there dressed like they are lookin for a date lol

I have tough skin. You have too. I have dropped in unannounced before at several offices; yours for one. Not sure what was going on for the phone to ring for 4 minutes. If you have ever spent time in a CSR chair though, you would realize the mess they have to deal with on a daily basis. Not to say you guys don't see it, but CSR catch some serious flack from customers.

yeah they may catch it but we hafta go out and deal with it. I have been told by my wife that they have called my house in the middle of the day and gave her hell because she didnt know where I was and all the time I was iether in the attic or under a house in the middle of my route. makes no sense all the dispatchers hafta do is look in the comp and see where I am on sight at and they can even tell where I'm headed to all they hafta do is look. But I am serious about the uniform thing these shirts are very hot and do not breath

sateck01 said:
dude,

directv pays the same rates they did 3 years ago, as long as the install is done correctly, and activated. directv doesnt care if the hsp pays hourly, piece work/bonus or in canned hams and turnip greens. directv is mandating a certain number of dedicated, branded vans, that is it!

I don't think phatnuts is saying that D* is actually behind ALL of these "mandates" but only that this is what the COMPANY is and has been attempting to portray. Like I said you'd have to work for B&A to understand how they really are.

Ok Uboatcmdr, now were talkin'. You state the vehicles are being paid for by cuts from the techs. You tell me; exactly how would you pay for them? Do you have any idea what a fleet that size costs? You also state that you would rather stay in your vehicle and that is your choice.
Also your lead tech is sadly mistaken. The jobs will be posted just like any other job. You may apply for the company owned vehicle position if you like, but it sounds like you are staying in your own truck. No one has ever said you must take the company owned vehicle at the hourly rate. If they said it, they were very much misinformed.
You talk about profits on these vehicles. Do you know how much it will now cost to insure these. How many body shop visits? The liability a company now takes on for having that many company owned vehicles, the gas, the upkeep and now someone to manage all of that. Hmmm there go all those profits. And what is it with this theory about the company being marketable. I'll tell you a secret. It ain't for sale.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts