union link for installers not tryin to start trouble

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm just wondering--WHEN WILL THIS ASS RAPING STOP!!!! My route has changed give me a 9700 on some other tech and give him the day off on saturday??WTF!!site mgr gives my route to his hispanic buddy???that I have 3 years seniority over??WTF?? and remember stay connected.LOL!!WTF??

the funny thing about this is all or most of the negative feedback from this post comes from contractors. some how they thing we are trying to unionize "D". If they took the time to read instead of just jumping in to this convo they would have seen that we were trying to unionize B&A it had nothing to do with directv company.
Maybe the contractors were afraid of having to do the job right instead of putting it in front of trees and not grounding the system, and not having to give back money for the hack jobs that frequent my area. what do you think??????????????????

Has anyone here done it?

I'm a Lead Tech with Ironwood/180 connect in California and I'm wondering if anyone here has formed a union within a satellite company... I'm curious as to the pros and cons! Any help would be appreciated!

bamaman said:
Gadsden Office Has A Union Won 21 To 15 Time For Everyone Esle To Step Up

Glad to see one group of techs thought it important enough to get a union voted in. Congratulations! I was one of a couple of guys working on getting a union in at of our office. The other guy got fired and that left it all up to me. I tried to get some others to help out (making phone calls setting up meetings with new hires and such) but nobody else wanted to step up and actually contribute to the effort. Oh, they all said that once a vote came up they'd for sure vote "yes", but no one wanted to do the work it would take to get the union in place.
I figued it like this, I'm not going to be these guys "mother" and do it all for them. If it isn't important enough to them that they could contribute some of their valuable off time to making it happen then why should I do it all by my lonesome. I have always tried to be a team player, but I alone cannot carry the weight of the entire team.
Things are changing at our office. We were told that there would only be a certain number of COV's (company owned vehicles) and they would not add anymore this year, BS. They are outfitting more vehicles at our office as I type. I told all my co-workers months ago that they needed to move on getting the union in while it would do some good and before too many changes got instituted. But they didn't take it serious enough to make it happen. I can only bet that by the end of the year they will change their tune and be wishing they have a union behind them.
I know one thing for sure, I am sick of going on service calls to fix the new installs these $10 per hour FNG hacks are doing. I just wonder why they aren't sending out the hourly paid service techs on those jobs?

If I were you guys I would take my time in your decisions I currently work for an HSP in New York where we just had a union election and we won. Now there is a RUMOR that DTV is thinking about bringing in another HSP to replace the one I currently work for. If this happens we will most likley have to change our career as DTV would not allow the next HSP to hire any employees from the former HSP. Do not allow this to happen to you guys it is too late for us so we will have to see what happens over the next few months.

We already have voted in the cwa. But in your case DTV is under contractual obligation to honor thier contract with your HSP and is most likely not gonna change anything. It is your employer that is most likely floating rumors like that. And I beleive if a company closes its doors due to union representation, the HSP that comes in has to honor your election in the same geographical area. DTV has nothing to do with it. All they care about is getting the jobs done. They dont care who does it. It is my understanding that DTV is encouraging settlements to be made and work to be done as normal. The last thing they need is a media crisis. By the way what union did you all go with?

Columbus had to go to federal court to have their union (UE) forced upon the HSP. The HSP then proceeded to break their agreement with the FEDS so the Feds took them back to court. So far 3 Federal investigations of the HSP in Columbus and Direc hasn't fired them, don't freak out.

I hope it is only rumors as we have lost enough over the years. As far as the union and the company i work for I prefer not to say at this point. We are all a little worried right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)