Unique Receiver Setup Question

merit

Original poster
Apr 14, 2016
Pacific Junction, IA
I want a Hopper 3 and add a Wireless Joey to it for anther room. In addition I have 2 other rooms that I do not want to have access to the recordings on the Hopper 3 DVR, so I want these 2 rooms to have their own receivers (tuners). In this instance, am I able to have the these other 2 rooms have either a Wally or a 211 or whatever other HD receiver (tuners) they have? Note: Each of these rooms have their own cable run already and all leading to where the dish is at. I figure there would be some sort of split at the starting point by the satellite to divert the signals for this setup.

From what I have read is that the Joeys will not let you block them from seeing the recordings under parental controls so that is why I am looking for a different way.

Dish told me it is all Wally's or a Hopper 3 with all Joey's, but I would think there would be a way to do this and am sure others would like to block some rooms from the dvr as well.

Thank you in advance for any help.

I know Dish will permit up to 2 211/Wally receivers on an account with a Hopper/Joey install (this is so folks can use a tailgater with these units) however I don't think you'll be able to get these installed on the same dish. From the way I understand the new DishPro Hybrid LNBFs that are required for Hopper 3 installs (not required for Hopper & Hopper w/Sling) is that they have two modes, one is the new Hybrid mode and the other is DishPro, it's not able to simultaneously do both modes. In order to have the kind of install you're looking for you'll have to have 2 separate Dishes, one for the Hopper/Joey install and another for the Wallys. The other option would be to forego the Hopper 3 and go with a Hopper w/Sling and a Wireless Joey. Then the 2 Wallys could be hooked in to the same dish with the addition of a DP21 switch since that install could make use of a DPP 1000.2 LNBF.

Whatever the case may be I would highly recommend seeking out a reputable local retailer for this install as whichever way you go is not the typical Dish install and a retailer would likely be able to fulfill your desires better.

Reactions: the mack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)