Universal HD GOING BYE BYE July 15

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
I knew it would but looks like"olympic channel " will not be carried..guide says channel no longer broadcasting

I was hoping we would get the Olympic channel as well, but the latest press release from NBC (released yesterday) does not list Dish as a provider carrying it.

Dish will add it but it is waiting closer till Olympic time before they start paying NBC for the channel. Why pay for a channel that is not going to offer a whole lot for awhile...I guarantee you Dish will get on board later into the season before the actual Olympics.

Dish will add it but it is waiting closer till Olympic time before they start paying NBC for the channel. Why pay for a channel that is not going to offer a whole lot for awhile...I guarantee you Dish will get on board later into the season before the actual Olympics.
Actually, that is not true. This weekend, the Fina World Swimming Championships will be starting in Budapest, Hungary. Then, the World Track/Field Championships will be starting up in late July, early August. The Diamond League is more Track/Field. Beginning in late October, early November FIS Skiing will be starting up again. Last March, Michaela Shiffrin won the Overall Title. With this Channel, more Americans will know who these people are when the Olympics are in South Korea. That was the nice part of having USN on Dish. When USN was taken off, NBC lost a fan with me. Hopefully, Dish will pick it up, but I will not be holding my breathe on that one!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)