Universal HD now shows commercials

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

grydlok

Vuvuzela Horns
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Richmond,VA
Now I planed on paying for this channels as part of the HD extra pack but not now.
What is the point of a movie channel the now edits movies and shows commercials. It should no longer be included into the extra pack since it interrupts the movies and edits them to tv-14 rating.

Universal HD has always sucked. They don't even run programs in Dolby Digital. They send the DD signal but it is only stereo and it sound pathetic. I never hardly watched it and will never pay for it!!

Give it like 6 months... all these channels will be put back into the regular lineup where they belong..

Might as well just watch A&E. They edit and have commercials too, but you don't have to pay extra to get it. I can't remember if UHD has their logo on all the time but MGM HD does and it's really annoying.

Universal HD now shows commercials

I wouldn't know, I don't get that channel anymore.
I can get pretty much the same programming on one of my local sub channels.

Thanks D* !

Jimbo

Do like I am doing, sign up for the extra pack and get it free for 3 months. Then the day before the free trial ends CANCEL it.

Send DirecTV a message. Down with the HD Extra Pack.

Come on D* subs, it's all your fault for not subscribing to the extra pack. UnivHD is now having to show commercials to increase revenue they lost from a decline in carriage fees. :)

UHD was good for two things, US Open in HD, 2 X-games in HD.
Other than that, that channel is not worth the money.

Don't forget BSG and Monk, for those of us that STILL don't get SciFi and USA in HD.

Sure would like an explanation as to why they are adding commercials.

At least the movies still have all the cursing and blood that we love. Just can't stand watching home loan commercials every 7 minutes.

Do like I am doing, sign up for the extra pack and get it free for 3 months. Then the day before the free trial ends CANCEL it.

That was my plan, I plan on canceling on the phone though and letting them know that I have been paying for HD for 3 years and now that they have added content they split the pack up and charge extra. RENTENTION here I come!!!

Sure would like an explanation as to why they are adding commercials.

At least the movies still have all the cursing and blood that we love. Just can't stand watching home loan commercials every 7 minutes.

Movies are edited now. RoboCop was edited to a tv14 rating.

Oh I'm canceling, ever so often I do fine a movie I want to watch on it but not now. I don't even begin to watch it.

I have lost UHD? I am grandfathered in with the HD extra pack (I assume, Im getting all the other channels in it) but have a channel not purchased on both HD recievers today, and a long hold at D*

I just finished watching RoboCop and I saw boobs, and buts, and cursing. Rated TV-MA.

I'm still miffed about the commercials, but at least the movies are still intact.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)