Universal HD

tempVAdish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Temperanceville, VA
Anybody having trouble w/ Universal HD? I tried to watch last night & this morning & it keeps freezing up, first the video, then the sound a few seconds later. I tried to back the DVR up to see if it would do it on play back, but it's like the data isn't there. As soon as I pressed "skip back" the back icon would go away & the "Live TV" would come up...

Rob

I hardly ever watch UHD, but it sounds like it's come down with whatever is afflicting Travel HD.

I just had it happen on Discover HD a few times. Whatever it is, it's spreading :( Come on Dish, get your HD problems figured out already! I hope this doesn't take them as long to fix as the 720p HD LIL audio problem is taking.

Just had this on Universal-HD. Menu-6-1-1 says 61.5 although I have both 129 and 61.5.
NFL-HD and Disc-HD also select 61.5--it usually picks 129 first choice.
-Ken
BTW, I feel channel changing has gotten slower to the picture but thats not new. -K

yes, this happened to me yesterday. it's irritating. you have to change channels or it just stays hung up.

yes, this happened to me yesterday. it's irritating. you have to change channels or it just stays hung up.

Whatever that is, that's a different problem. Mine always comes back if I wait for it.

What the heck could be causing this? Did Dish "upgrade" their encoders?

I've been having breakups on several channels lately, using 722. Maybe its the weather. No more than a second or two, but often enough to be noticeable.

The audio problem is also still unresolved.

fitzie

This has been happening to me as well with my 622. I didn't notice it happening until right after I installed my new smartcard, so I thought that was it.

I was beginning to think it was my 722. I noticed this over the last week primarily in Discovery. The picture would freeze, audio would continue on for 10-20 seconds, then the video would come back. I checked signal strength, which was a bit over 50. I will have to tune to Universal and see if it occurs also..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts