Universal Remote Programming

gussdog

Original poster
Sep 9, 2006
Trying to program a universal remote to my dish network DVR VIP 612, looking for the codes or the manufacture of the receiver, are any other help in programming , the remote is called Big Button by HY-Tek.
Thanks

Trying to program a universal remote to my dish network DVR VIP 612, looking for the codes or the manufacture of the receiver, are any other help in programming , the remote is called Big Button by HY-Tek.
Thanks

If the manufacturer dosen't list codes for DISH Network they probably don't have them. DISH manufactures their own receivers so there is nobody elses codes to search for.:)

Thanks for the reply, I did get it to recognize my 622 receiver, but no luck with the 612, tried calling the mfg. of the Big Button remote put were closed for the day, will try Fri.
Thanks

Yes, you have to use address #1 and it is only for IR, of course. If the remote is learning you could set one address for each selector button but watch out on the Philips-Magnavox as one mistake and you have to reset and do all of that button again--not all buttons. Address #1 because the address is sent out first but the default for no address is #1.
-Ken

User's guide. All the information everybody wants to know but nobody wants to read about.;)

From memory but checked that it works with the green Dish remote:
Press menu twice,
if IR says 1 stop here, else
hold Sat until all lit,
press (your new address say 7 or 1 for this exercise),
press # aka search,
press record.

The address shown in the little TV should change to the new address. As the "universal" only works for IR, only that one should change. Oh, return from the menu-menu with a cancel. To change the remote but not the box, just don't do the record.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)