Universal Remote

Go Sox!!

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Illinois
I am in the market for a universal remote, Leaning towards the Harmony 880. But want to make sure it will work with my Dish Network V.I.P 622. Mostly the DVR Functions. Any Comments?

The 880 is a great remote, and will easily work with your 622 (and pretty much any other device, too). The Harmony 676 is a great option, too. I really like the button layout, especially the "transport" buttons (fast forward, play, pause, etc..). It looks like the 676 may have been discontinued, so you may find it for a great price.
I use a Universal Remote URC-200, got it for $50 from Amazon, and it is amazingly customizable, but more difficult to set up than the Harmony remotes. But, the button layout is 1st rate, very easy to use by feel.
So, basically, the 880 is a great remote, but there are plenty of great options for a lot less $$$

For a less expensive option (under $150) consider Harmony 670 - recently released.
It doesn't have a fancy color display of the 880, but it does pretty much all you need!
I've just received an evaluation unit - will post my review later this week.

And yes, all Harmonies can handle vip622 and pretty much any other imaginable equipment out there.
Often before the equipment is even released! Their database of IR codes is updated daily! :up

Thanks Ilya,

I decided not to go with the 880 even though Amazon has it for $150.00 I decided to go with the Harmony 659, I got from Amazon for $96.00. Do you have a review on this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)