Univision: Dish is ‘Dug-In’

It is available in the Tampa area OTA.

I have not seen a swarm of posts about it being gone here. If DISH is right they have lost a ton of eyes over the last few years.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/09/univision-could-see-its-largest-decline-in-revenue-ever/

By the way, for the record, there are many other good Latin networks Dish carries from all over. Here, we do not have a Univision station. We got one off Dish, but of course that is being blacked out. I still have my big dish, and there may be some affiliate on some bird available. Not knowing a lot of Spanish, I generally do not watch the channel.

Reactions: Tampa8 and pattykay
Hispanic Groups Ask Texas AG to Vet Dish Marketing

Hispanic Groups Ask Texas AG to Vet Dish Marketing

That’s just dumb.

So switch to Directv or don’t get dish if they don’t carry a channel you want.

Sounds like a group of dish network junkies that are mad Dish no longer carries their favorite channel.

I can see the marketing argument, but as long as Dish is not saying they have Univision and say they don’t carry it when the customer asks, then there is no issue.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
It is all caps in the narrative to the left, perhaps their mapping program does not allow all caps in a town name.

What gets me is Univision is free OTA in most major cities. Why are they charging so much to satellite or cable?
Because they think they can charge whatever they want. They can't anymore and I applaud Dish for standing their ground. Frankly I think this is just the beginning. Satellite TV is not a growing industry and can no longer afford to overpay for retransmission rights, especially for low viewership and niche channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)