Univision Warns Dish Customers of Potential Blackout

Dish just needs to tell them to invoke the Most Favored Nation statute, if DTV is getting the channels for free, then both satellite providers deserve the same cost.

Reactions: pattykay
I can't wait for the dispute with Time Warner channels, I mean Directv, er, AT&T

As far as I know there aren't any. I think they owned WTBS and then WPCH but no longer do. Are there others? Or did you mean cable channels?

Drop the price of the Locals package because of the loss of Univision? I don't see that happening. At best, maybe no increase next year, or a smaller increase than there otherwise would have been.
Sorry I don't speak spanish so I did not know it was in locals package. :)

Reactions: pattykay
I'm confused. Is Univision available from Dish only in markets that have an OTA affiliate? Or are we talking about a national feed?
Both. From dishpromise.com:

"Univision Communications, Inc., The Owner of Your Location Station
You may have seen a message from Univision telling you that you could lose their channels. The truth is, only Univision can black out their channels. Negotiations are standard in the pay-TV industry and we don't understand why Univision has chosen to involve our customers.

Negotiations regularly happen right up to the deadline and more often than not they are settled without issue.

Ways to Watch
We've put together a list of ways you can catch your favorite programming elsewhere including other DISH channels, mobile apps or online options. Select a specific show to see what options are available to you.

Functionality of this feature is only available when channel owners black out access to your local channel.

Make Your Voice Heard
Help us stand up for you with your local broadcaster. Please see below for station contact information to make your voice heard.

WQHS Station Manager - 440-550-9826"

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Both. From dishpromise.com:

"Univision Communications, Inc., The Owner of Your Location Station
You may have seen a message from Univision telling you that you could lose their channels. The truth is, only Univision can black out their channels. Negotiations are standard in the pay-TV industry and we don't understand why Univision has chosen to involve our customers.

Negotiations regularly happen right up to the deadline and more often than not they are settled without issue.

Ways to Watch
We've put together a list of ways you can catch your favorite programming elsewhere including other DISH channels, mobile apps or online options. Select a specific show to see what options are available to you.

Functionality of this feature is only available when channel owners black out access to your local channel.

Make Your Voice Heard
Help us stand up for you with your local broadcaster. Please see below for station contact information to make your voice heard.

WQHS Station Manager - 440-550-9826"

Thanks. We have a Univision affiliate in my market but it isn't carried by Dish anyway.

Reactions: glynnp
I am not sure, but this dispute may only affect affiliates that are owned and operated by Univision. The affiliate in Cleveland happens to be an O&O. I have not checked other markets.
Boston is an O&O. As I can only understand a small amount of Spanish, it doesn't affect my viewing habits. However, the city where I work is predominantly made of Spanish speakers, and there are numerous Dish branded satellite dishes in the city. So, it will impact them.

My question is whether this also impacts Uni Mas affielates as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts