Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Univision Communications began warning Dish Network customers Saturday (June 23) of a potential blackout of the Spanish-language network, claiming that it has hit a snag in retransmission-consent negotiations with the satellite TV giant that won’t likely be resolved soon.

Read the rest at Univision Warns Dish Customers of Potential Blackout

Money seems to be the problem.
Dish claims that Univision is demanding a 75% increase to its current carriage fees, a boost that the satellite company says is exorbitant, given that its ratings have declined by nearly one-third over the past five years. Univision also lost the Spanish language broadcast rights to the World Cup soccer – currently airing on rival Spanish-language broadcaster Telemundo – not only for this year but for 2022 and 2026, according to Dish.

I checked the dishpromise page, and it looks like this affects one of my local channels. So, there may be another free antenna from Dish in my near future. ;)

Which model did they send you? They sent me one of those amplified RCA mudflaps and it was pure junk. Maybe I got a dud. But the $12 mudflap I bought at Dollar General works better. I sent the RCA back.

Reactions: glynnp
Which model did they send you? They sent me one of those amplified RCA mudflaps and it was pure junk. Maybe I got a dud. But the $12 mudflap I bought at Dollar General works better. I sent the RCA back.
I got the Winegard "mudflap" during the Tribune dispute. I still have it, but no longer use it. It provided better reception of a nearby low-power PBS station, but almost nothing more distant than that.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I am shocked at the article - "Univision claims it is the third most-watched network on Dish in any language, and its Univision Deportes channel is Dish’s second most watched sports channel in any language". I am trying to figure out how they come up with those stats. Is it just for those who subscribe to Dish Latino packages? Or is from the OTA channels?

I am shocked at the article - "Univision claims it is the third most-watched network on Dish in any language, and its Univision Deportes channel is Dish’s second most watched sports channel in any language". I am trying to figure out how they come up with those stats. Is it just for those who subscribe to Dish Latino packages? Or is from the OTA channels?
I am guessing that Univision lumped all of their channels together (including their lifestyle channels that Dish already dropped) to get the combined ratings. Then, they lumped all of the ESPN channels together at #1, to make Univision Deportes #2, which probably only works if each of the Fox Sports networks gets counted separately instead of being lumped together with each other. :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)