Unjailbreaking iPhone 3GS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
With 4.0 coming this week to the iPhone and rumors (crossing fingers) of multi-tasking, what are the steps to unjailbreak my iPhone 3GS?

I did jailbreak with blackrain. Do I uninstall the blackrain app and then update on iTunes? and what about Cedia? Do I take this app off also?

I need a little help. I will wait of course until what I see 4.0 is all about. Only reason for the jailbreak was Sling over 3G and playing other apps in the background while surfing.

Just update it through iTunes. That will wipe out the JB and all JB apps and install the new update. While you wait on 4.0, check out Kirikae. It's a Cydia app that's for multi-tasking. It utilizes Backrounder. I really like it.

Attachments

• Kirikae.bmp
    450.1 KB · Views: 141
Yea. I got the bachgrounder app. It is cool. I'm hoping I don't need it in a few days.:)

so all I need to do is sync with my pc first then upate?

I want to make sure I get my new apps is the reason I would sync with pc first?

I wouldn't unjailbreak it yet...

They are just ANNOUNCING the 4.0 software, they are not releasing it.

They still need to release the 4.0 SDK so designers can write software for 4.0 to take advantage of the new 4.0 features.

Don't look for the software to be out until late May or Early June at the latest.

Yea. I got the bachgrounder app. It is cool. I'm hoping I don't need it in a few days.:)

so all I need to do is sync with my pc first then upate?

I want to make sure I get my new apps is the reason I would sync with pc first?

Yes, sync with iTunes. At that time it should also back up the phone. Compare your iTunes apps on your phone and in iTunes. Make sure they match. If there are apps on your phone that are not in your iTunes, right click on your phone in the device column, and select "Transfer Purchases". That will place iTunes apps you downloaded directly to your phone into your apps section in iTunes. Then when the 4.0 update comes out, just update through iTunes.

Another quick note. If you are using "Categories" (folders), remove programs from the folders prior to restoring. If you don't, odds are that programs within them will be hidden after the restore.

You can get them back by toggling permissions in settings, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another quick note. If you are using "Categories" (folders), remove programs from the folders prior to restoring. If you don't, odds are that programs within them will be hidden after the restore.

You can get them back by toggling permissions in settings, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good point. That happened to me when I upgraded to 3.1.2 using catagories.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts