Unknown payment on statement - mistake?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yumagah

Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
earth
Here is a strange mystery on my Dish Network bill. My online statement for this month shows the monthly charge already paid. The line listing just says "Payment - Thank you" with the amount. No date is given. I have had no changes to my service in a year.

I am certain I did not pay it, and there is no charge on any of my credit cards. Is this just a mistake on Dish's side? Or is it some special offer I qualified for? I can find no info on this. I'm just gonna keep quiet and not ask Dish about it, I guess.;)

Special offers don't show up as payments. Maybe someone else fat-fingered their account number or phone number in the IVR and accidentally paid your bill?

If you are on Auto Payment, just treat your account like the payment is going to come out at its normal time. It will fix itself eventually anyway....

If you are on auto pay as stated before, just give it a day or two and you'll see it on your bank statement.

I've also had my payment credited to another account.

So either way, it will get fixed. You're not getting out of this months payment...sorry.

If they pull the payment back then will they charge a late fee or all of a sudden say that he is behind on the payment and shut his service off?

If this happened to me I would be contacting Dish. Eventually you will have to pay. Might as well get it straightened out right away. The longer you wait the more screwed up it could get. JMHO.

I had a month when they didn't charge me for my Gold HD. I got the bill and it was around $10 cheaper. Well guess what, next month I was charged for Gold HD twice. I would call and get it straightened out. Eventually they will catch it and it could cause problems down the road for you.

I know this is resurrecting an old thread, but I think I just solved the mystery of the extra payment. It came one year after I first subscribed to Dish, and it looks like it was just a matter of catching up from the 2-month payment on my first bill.
In other words it looks like each month's bill was coming when I still had 30 days prepaid, because of the double payment on the first bill. As of now, the bill arrives just when my paid month is ending. So it was not a mistake, just Dish acknowledging my pre-payments in a strange way.

Maybe you were on one of those "three months free" or some such promotion, where one of the "free" months is the last one of the original term?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)