unlinking 2 hoppers?

DefDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
N.W. Florida
I just noticed today that my hopper is seen and used by me daughters hopper...not there is anything wrong with that..How can I disable that? I went to network setup then to whole home and it doesn't seem to give me an option to unlink...am I missing a button somewhere or is this not possible. My son has a joey connected to her hopper that shows as unlinked, thanks for any help or info

You'll most likely need an isolator installed in your wiring configuration. This blocks certain TV's from accessing the hopper you want to "isolate." It looks like a two way splitter.

Yep, that's what you need...

ES190968_medlrg.jpg

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=es190968

Some people don't realize this when they get the Hopper, that the default install is for both Hoppers to see each other. I can't recall installers ever asking if the subscribers want the Hoppers isolated from being able to see each other. It's just that after the install, it will most likely cost the sub to have a tech install an a Isolator. Are there any installers on this forum who actually explain or ask the subscriber about having the Hoppers see each other and offer an Isolator? I do know my brother wants his/wife's Hopper Isolated from his kids' Hopper.

Some people don't realize this when they get the Hopper, that the default install is for both Hoppers to see each other. I can't recall installers ever asking if the subscribers want the Hoppers isolated from being able to see each other. It's just that after the install, it will most likely cost the sub to have a tech install an a Isolator. Are there any installers on this forum who actually explain or ask the subscriber about having the Hoppers see each other and offer an Isolator? I do know my brother wants his/wife's Hopper Isolated from his kids' Hopper.

I imagine that very few people actually want their Hoppers isolated. I have yet to have a customer that wanted theirs isolated. I'm just impressed that Dish offers a way to do it actually.

When I was an in house tech, we didn't even carry isolators. I think that there were some in the office, but they were never used. Like Scherrman said, a majority of customers didn't want that.

Simplest thing is attach an ehd to each Hopper. Move anything you don't want deleted or anything you don't want the person on the other Hopper viewing to the ehd.

I imagine that very few people actually want their Hoppers isolated. I have yet to have a customer that wanted theirs isolated. I'm just impressed that Dish offers a way to do it actually.
He, he. I would say that most subscribers don't even know they can see the "other" Hopper :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)