Unlock only one channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
Some of the additional OTA channels have others within that same channel, such as channel 4 also has 4.2,4.3,4.4. Since they do not have a rating because nothing shows in the guide just "Digital Programing" is there any way to unlock just those channels, without having to change the parental controls?

Since there is no information for some of the OTA channels. The parental controls kicks in and does not let you see that channel, I would like to unblock only some channels so that it would not be necessary to always put the password

Okay, I understand now. Others have brought this up before and there's no known workaround. As you say, there's *no* guide info, so Dish doesn't take any chances with what it might be showing, so it falls under the parental control flag.

In the 811 software this condition resulted in just NR as opposed to the 622/722 NR/AO. It was pretty lame when Sesame Street was rated NR/AO before the sub channel guides were uplinked.

In the 811 software this condition resulted in just NR as opposed to the 622/722 NR/AO. It was pretty lame when Sesame Street was rated NR/AO before the sub channel guides were uplinked.

So is there a way to get the sub channel guides? If not, what is the e-mail for dish so that I may suggest a fix for this problem?

So is there a way to get the sub channel guides? If not, what is the e-mail for dish so that I may suggest a fix for this problem?

Dish has been slowly adding the sub channel info for HD locals. Here in St. Louis it took about two months I think after they started rolling them out. You can try ceo@echostar.com, but don't hold your breath unless you are a relative of Houdini. :D

I'd think they are done adding sub-channel guide data by now. There hasn't been any added in a while and no one mentions not getting any for the locals.

I'm guessing the missing guide data that the OP is referring to is from channels that Dish doesn't carry the analog channel of. Looking at Fontana's zip code at antennaweb.org, channel 4 appears to be KNBC out of LA.... I don't live in LA but I'd have to assume that Dish does carry KNBC in analog and in fact, in digital too.

The KNBC 4 is fine and the sub channels are too such as 4.2, 4.3. The problem is that there are other channels that don't even show up on the guide thru a dish subsciption, instead they are other channels you only get with the OTA antenna. There is no way to get the info for those other channels right?

No, if Dish doesn't carry the channel (typically the analog version), they won't provide guide data for the digital channels that you might pick up via antenna.

They Say They Have Fixed The Problem

Next update will fix that problem and will allow you to unlock only one channel. Will be released in two weeks. That's what the guys on the tech chat told me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts