Unplugged Dish today

OTA + Netflix + apple TV would work for me.

I may be making the same decision before too long. Dish doesn't have all of what in HD. And got rid of one of the few channels I did watch in Smithsonian (apparently I was the ONLY one who did :D ) and DirecTV is WAY too expensive. I don't follow sports much anymore, I do have the MLB iPhone app but might give up on that after this season. And that would do it for sports entirely. Being how DirecTV is expensive as **** and practically DEMANDS you subscribe to a sports package, that's out of the question.

Last edited:
Smithsonian channel was a bore. I don't think anyone really watched it . I didn't care when they removed it , especially if they wanted more money a month for it.

Dunno what VOOM is/was, but the one thing that gave me pause when I considered switching to DirecTV was the proliferation of antennas on my roof. Had a Dish dish up there, and far as I know, the DirecTV installer would just leave it there, and even worse, drill a new set of holes in my roof for the DirecTV dish. So when Dish sweetened the pot for us, I stayed with them. But I have come to find the VIP 722 is inferior in some respects to my old TiVo series 2, so who knows what I'll do when the Dish contract is up.

Blasphemy!! :angel:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)