Unreal Radioshack Deal!?!?!

Item: 1602843
Description: DISH Network 942 HD Receiver
Quantity: 1 @ $99.99
Shipping Method: Standard Ground
Leaves warehouse in 1-2 full business days.

Sub-Total: $ 99.99
Tax: $ 6.00
---------------------------
Total for this address: $ 105.99
Order Total: $ 105.99

Sometimes ya win eh.;)

dang it. If I would've just been paying attention to the site at 5:59 :( :(

is there any soul that would transfer there's to me for $110? ...

That sounds like a great deal for a 942...but, will DN activate the receiver?...I thought I read somewhere that if you already have a 942 or 811 receiver and are receiving programming, you're ok, but, if you are not currently subscribing, DN won't activate the receiver. They will only activate the new 622 and 211 receivers. I don't know if this is a true statement or not.

You got the first half correct. The second half is that they'll still activate it but you wont be able to add the old HD packs if you don't have them because they're no longer in the system to be added. So the 942 would only get Dish SD and OTA HD in that case

Wow, what a deal, wish I would have got in on it. I just called right before they closed and they said that I could get it for free if I subscribe as a new subscdriber. The lady referred to it as the HD receiver (they dont have a clue). They said that they cannot get them like that where I can buy one and own it outright for the 942. They told me that they had them before I asked to buy one outright. They are still a joke to talk to on the phone or in person. I would have loved to have gotten one that cheap to use.

RS people are nitwits. The stores wont sell to you even if they have them in stock (in the store or online). Something is really wrong there.

Yeah ya got that right, just glad someone posted the wrong price on the website which is what the rep told me when I called to confirm my order.

DucTape said:
Just talked to sales rep at Radio Shack and they guy tells me that the 99.95 dollar price was a mistake and it should have been 499.95 but that they are honering all sales that were made at that price. :D
Let's see if they really honor it. I'll about guarantee you, they do NOT have to, especially in the case of obvious pricing errors. And don't worry, other companies have had price errors on their website and cancelled the orders and have had no ill effects, i.e. from bad publicity. Dell comes to mind....

Radio Shack's Terms and Conditions covers their butts here:

Item 3 -- Accuracy of Information. We attempt to ensure that information on this Web Site is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Web Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currentness of any information on this Web Site. For example, products included on this Web Site may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated on this Web Site. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. While it is our practice to confirm orders by e-mail, the receipt of an e-mail order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order.

riffjim4069 said:
I believe the 942 is a non-stock, special order item. I doubt any orders will be completed, but who knows. Heck, I just picked up two Sony 500Gb ATSC/QAM HD DVRs for $249 each.

Where did you find those? That is a really good deal!

hall said:
Let's see if they really honor it. I'll about guarantee you, they do NOT have to, especially in the case of obvious pricing errors. And don't worry, other companies have had price errors on their website and cancelled the orders and have had no ill effects, i.e. from bad publicity. Dell comes to mind....

Radio Shack's Terms and Conditions covers their butts here:

Good thing I ordered and paid for this at the store.

Last edited:
Its not the first time radio shack screwed up. About a year ago they had 301 complete systems with a Dish500 and Twin LNB for $50.

I ordered 3 pallets of systems from them, stripped the Dishes out of them that where worth $50 and then used all the receivers in a commercial headend system that would otherwise have paid out a zero commission.

But I was expecting them to call me also, but they honored the price :)

I may be calling RS again tomorrow morning and perhaps some other RS stores in the area. I think its bull that they will sell to others but tell me they cannot sell them to me. This is total BS!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts