Status
Please reply by conversation.

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I just received this email. Apparently DISH is shipping me a 54.1 remote. Why are they doing this? I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. My Harmony remote does everything I want a remote to do. Are they going to jack with the software thereby disabling the legacy remote's function?

I guess I'm just feeling curmudgeony, but I'd rather a vendor leave me alone. I pay them a lot of money every month and have done so since 1995. All I want is to receive the product I pay for and to have no interruptions in programming (ahem, FOX).

They're wasting their time and money sending me a remote. I won't even be opening the box. It'll go straight to the storage shed. And they'd better not find a way to charge me for it.

tfQLrMu.jpg

I just received this email. Apparently DISH is shipping me a 54.1 remote. Why are they doing this? I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. My Harmony remote does everything I want a remote to do. Are they going to jack with the software thereby disabling the legacy remote's function?

I guess I'm just feeling curmudgeony, but I'd rather a vendor leave me alone. I pay them a lot of money every month and have done so since 1995. All I want is to receive the product I pay for and to have no interruptions in programming (ahem, FOX).

They're wasting their time and money sending me a remote. I won't even be opening the box. It'll go straight to the storage shed. And they'd better not find a way to charge me for it.

tfQLrMu.jpg

A select number of customers with eligible equipment are being provided with our voice remote with Google Assistance at no cost. It is a free gift as we want our customers to enjoy our latest and greatest technology. There is no commitment required and there are no changes that will occur to your equipment with this gift. We take your feedback very seriously, and thank you for posting your concerns. -Jasmine D.

What? Am I supposed to be happy to receive a product when there's absolutely nothing wrong with the one I have? I would imagine several of us have somewhat complex setups in which introducing a new proprietary remote would be unwelcomed.

Geez, they're sending you a free remote. Nobody's forcing you to use it. Use it if you want to and don't use it if you don't want to. Hardly worth starting a thread and having a hissy fit over it.

Like I said, :facepalm

A select number of customers with eligible equipment are being provided with our voice remote with Google Assistance at no cost. It is a free gift as we want our customers to enjoy our latest and greatest technology. There is no commitment required and there are no changes that will occur to your equipment with this gift. We take your feedback very seriously, and thank you for posting your concerns. -Jasmine D.
Then might I suggest DISH make one small modification to this process: give the customer a heads-up before shipping, and give the customer the option of accepting or rejecting the offer. Otherwise, this just seems wasteful.

What? Am I supposed to be happy to receive a product when there's absolutely nothing wrong with the one I have? I would imagine several of us have somewhat complex setups in which introducing a new proprietary remote would be unwelcomed.

Nope. I just think you should stop complaining. Throw it in your “shed”.

Seems like a silly post, and being angry about something so stupid is really silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then might I suggest DISH make one small modification to this process: give the customer a heads-up before shipping, and give the customer the option of accepting or rejecting the offer. Otherwise, this just seems wasteful.

Might I suggest that when it arrives you forward it about 200 miles south of you to one of the thousands of folks who are rebuilding their home for the second time in two years because of flooding. Oh wait, they no longer have a DISH receiver to use it on, or a TV, or a recliner to sit and watch a TV in, or a den to put the recliner in.

Anyway, quit being a baby or I'll have to dig up the Janis Joplin tune again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)