UNSUBBED AAD CHANNELS

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
I discontinued my AAD HD channels around a month ago. Yesterday I discontinued my SD channels from AAD. As of today, all of them are still in the program guide and I am able to watch them (SD & HD). I've told them about that, but it doesn't make a difference.

How long am I going to continue getting them without paying for them? I'm curious.

:confused:

its all based on your billing date if you signed up lets say on the 2nd of the month they wont be turned off until atleast the 1st of the next month. they do not prorate months. you pay for a month you get a month. its sometimes takes a week or so to get turned off after that. and sometimes right away after the month is over.

As long as you don't get charged for them , Enjoy them.

Oh, I'll enjoy them. I told them about it so my conscience is clear. If they don't want to turn them off, fine with me.

The L.A. HD channels were cancelled back in October. I still have them.

Has anyone else had this experience where they stay on for months on end after you quit subscribing to them?

Dish did the same thing with me a while back

Had Minneapolis locals and some distants (this is when Dish could sell distants). "Moved" to Duluth, MN and subscribed to those locals. Still had Mpls & the distants (all but CBS) and wasnt billed for about 6 months. The Dish sent me a note of their error and was shutting off the MPls locals.

Cut off channels

Well, not about Dish, but my Dad had cable a few years back. He cancelled it, but noticed a few days later that it was still on. He called a total of 6 times over the next several months, but to no avail ( oh yes, we see that you have stopped your service, we'll have someone out there tomorrow to disconnect you ). 2 years later, he was STILL getting his cable channels ( but never received a bill ). Unfortunately, that cable company sold out to the BIG cable company, and his service was soon shut off. It happens. :)

Becareful with AAD

Oh, I'll enjoy them. I told them about it so my conscience is clear. If they don't want to turn them off, fine with me.

The L.A. HD channels were cancelled back in October. I still have them.

Has anyone else had this experience where they stay on for months on end after you quit subscribing to them?

Becareful with AAD(especially if they have your Credit Card)I called AAD to have some of my Channels turned off last summer and I did this like 7 days before end of Billing cycle.I went out of town for 3 weeks and when I cam back and check my Dish Channel Guide they were still on.I called again and was told they had no record of me cancelling.Checked credit card and was billed.Best thing to do when cancelling with AAD is to find out when shut off date will occur and if they arent shut off call them back.
The people I have dealt with at AAD seem to be very unfriendly and hard to get a point accross too.Thankfully I dont need their service again because I wont do business with them again.

Well, after I turned off my SD channels and then I decided to put them back on, they told me they didn't want to do business with me anymore. I hope Dish gets back into the distant net business.

As of now, all the SD/HD channels I subscribed to are still on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts