Unused Joeys

todd_l

Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Minnesota
This might be a dumb question, sorry in advance. I currently have a 2H-3J setup. Current 2 of the joeys are not being used (due to old TVs breaking down). Given some life changes (kids), I don't anticipate getting new TVs with the need for the 2 joeys anytime soon.

Can I simply call Dish and return the Joeys and save the monthly fees for these? Or, since I'm still under contract, am I locked into what I was originally set up with at the time I signed the contract and got the hardware.

Thanks.

yes, tell the rep that those TVs broke and you should be able to send the joeys back. You could drop everything but one hopper without affecting your contract.

Yep. Call and return.

I have a Joey that I own. That way, I can call and activate/deactivate at will, saving on fees.

Contract is for minimum programming, not equipment.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I cancelled one of my Joeys via chat. It was very easy, although they did wait until the end of the month to send the box.

I just sent back my two Joeys but will be purchasing one, preferably on eBay as I can get one for less than $60. I requested smart card and receiver #'s but was told there are no smart card numbers associated with Joeys. Did a dish chat and she said the receiver number is clear. Do I need to ask again for a smart card number to be safe?

Hmm so the box should have the smart card number then? The eBay seller sent me a picture and only shows receiver# and caid #. I guess long as dish chat said receiver# was clean I should be okay?

Well that adds to my suspicion. The caid begins with an r and is ten #'s. He/she sent me a picture of the labels.

CAID is actually the receiver #. Smart card # starts with S.

The two questions to ask Dish before purchase are:

1.) Is the receiver owned and not leased?
2.) Is the receiver currently deactivated with no balance?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)