Status
Please reply by conversation.

Timeclock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 24, 2010
tenn
Will DTV swap out my two D12-100 and SD dvr for three H24 receivers. (I know a SL3 antenna is required) in this required hd receiver change over.

Will DTV swap out my two D12-100 and SD dvr for three H24 receivers. (I know a SL3 antenna is required) in this required hd receiver change over.

Call them and ask them what they will do for you. I think they've been offering Genie + client upgrades as an option too. I assume you don't want to lose your DVR and have only receivers...

Reactions: harshness
Call and talk to them. No matter what you settle on, you will have a new two-year contract so make the best deal you can.
Not necessarily. Aren't they still offering a swap to mpeg4 equipment with no contract due to the change from mpeg2 to mpeg4?

Not necessarily. Aren't they still offering a swap to mpeg4 equipment with no contract due to the change from mpeg2 to mpeg4?

Yes, unless things have changed the upgrades for MPEG2 SD customers are no commitment, because Directv is leaving them without a choice due to SD receivers becoming boat anchors later this year.

If Directv comes to you to swap equipment they will swap the SD equipment for the HD equivalent receiver for free with no commitment.

If you go to them, they may still do it for free but anything above and beyond like a genie they may require a commitment.

They may be installing Genies for everyone and just disabling the DVR.

The problem is I have two receivers in house, one receiver out in a RV and the other out in my garage so a genie setup might not work for me. I have the old lmb with 4 outputs driving the sd receivers. I would like to get 4 h24 receivers and a SL3 antenna with 4 outputs (lmb on ebay) 2 year commitment is not a problem.

The problem is I have two receivers in house, one receiver out in a RV and the other out in my garage so a genie setup might not work for me. I have the old lmb with 4 outputs driving the sd receivers. I would like to get 4 h24 receivers and a SL3 antenna with 4 outputs (lmb on ebay) 2 year commitment is not a problem.
You can still get into a Genie (HR44/54 ... 54 if you need 4k) with your set up, just not the Genie 2 (HS17, thats the one that requires you go to clients entirely) ...

Take a Genie HR44/54 and use the HR24s to go with it, one in the RV for sure and one in the garage.

Thats why I avoid the Genie2 as well ... need one for the Motorhome.

Reactions: I WANT MORE
Don't upgrade to Genie 2, only other boxes allowed on same account are clients. Genie 2 promotions for some reason only comes in conjunction with 4k or wireless client. I dont recommend either because of the issues that happen to MRV networks when connected to the internet. Genie2 works ok with wired clients. But regardless of what they give you for free you'll have to upgrade your RV dish and the tech won't/can't do that. You'll have to go to an RV shop and purchase a HD dish. If you have a HD dish and think you'll be able to manually aim it without a meter you might be in for a lot of aggravation. I would suggest you call in and try to get to loyalty department. They have more available promos. I'm a tech so if I were sent to your house this is what I would recommend.

-Genie (hr54 or 44) and a wired client This would be a swap replace upgrade for your (2) D12's. Upgrade would include an ODU upgrade probably getting you a new dish with a Reverse band3 LNB.(forget the RV for now) This would be contract free and is seperate from your upgrade eligibility promotions earned by your loyalty or protection plan loyalty.

- Go to RV store and get a dish option that can get the 99, 101,103 orbital slots. The 119 and 95 are going away in April.

- You can take your genie to your RV and it will work fine but the home system will not work when the genie is away. If you want the 3rd box call customer service back after you upgrade your house system and RV dish and ask what promotions are available for you on a new box. Say you have an out building/mother in law suite with its own dish and need a standalone box (NOT A CLIENT/ GENIE MINI) an H24 or H25 or HR24 if you want DVR capabilities in the RV. Box should be free but they will ask for a 2year contract and it will be an additional 7$ a month.
*kicker....once You upgrade after you "Upgrade SD to HD" they will hit you with the Genie system fees that you got for free in the mpeg rollover deal. (18 a month approx in DVR and whole home billed line items)
Soooo purchasing a standalone box from a 3rd party (RV store/online) and activating it to your account might be the best option in this case.

But you never know...This all might change tomorrow without notice, it is At&T after all.
Good luck hope my rambling helps yall

DO NOT GET A GENIE SYSTEM!

H24's or HR24's are the only way to go!

Retentions swapped out my 3 H24's for 3 HR24's free...(with 2 year contract)

You should at a minimum be able to get two H24's and one HR24 out of them...

Thanks for all the info you people have given me. The HD satellite used now is the single line in to a splitter box with the cables having to go back out through the wall outside. The old lmb has 4 outputs so I've hook every thing up outside. I saw on Ebay there is a SL3 lmb with 4 outputs, does DTV have or use that kind of lmb? Can I choose what lmb I get. I would get one if they would install it.

Thanks for all the info you people have given me. The HD satellite used now is the single line in to a splitter box with the cables having to go back out through the wall outside. The old lmb has 4 outputs so I've hook every thing up outside. I saw on Ebay there is a SL3 lmb with 4 outputs, does DTV have or use that kind of lmb? Can I choose what lmb I get. I would get one if they would install it.

They will install the single wire LNB - the reverse band 3 is what they install for everyone now (unless they have so many receivers they exceed the limit of what it is capable of)

If the wires are run outside your house they will install the splitter outside (it is weatherproof) so you don't need to have wires going inside then back outside.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)