Up grade to HD

kwalk

Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Elon,NC
Would like to upgrade my old 301 to HD, I currently have no contract and own my equipment and would like to keep it that way. I have gotten a new turbo HD black dish for 110,119, and 129, also need to run 2 TVs am looking at the Vip222 but would like more information on it such as: DVR/EHD?, will it still cost 2nd receiver monthly fee, can I get HD for life and DVR function for one price (no monthly fees) would other models be better? my zip is 27244 thanks

The VIP 222 does not support External hard drives, or DVR, so there is no fee for them. If it is the only receiver on your account, there would be no additional fees. You can sign up for HD free for life once you have the HD receiver activated on your account.

Just to make sure you know, the 222 only does 1 HDTV, the second TV off of it would be SD

You need a whole new set up if you want your locals in HD. They are located on 61.5. Dish is converting everyone to either an eastern arc or western arc depending on where the HD locals are located. So you will need a brand new dish. If you sign up for auto billing you can get HD for life. The 222 does not support an ehd as far as I now. You most probably want a 722 which has 2 sat tuners and 1 ota. The k model adds a 2nd ota tuner with a added module. There is no fee to add an ehd. DVR fee is $6/mo. If the 2nd tv is also HD you could add a 211 for that one and pay a 1 timer per account fee of $40 to add an ehd which would give you dvr like functions. If the 2nd TV is an hdtv, ty can hook the hdmi from the 211 to the tv and run coax from the 722 to the antenna in. That way you can watch true HD and anything recorded on the 722 on the 2nd tv.

AFAIK, there is no real reason ot own your equipment if you plan to stay with Dih for 2 years. No difference in fees, etc.

You need a whole new set up if you want your locals in HD. They are located on 61.5. Dish is converting everyone to either an eastern arc or western arc depending on where the HD locals are located. So you will need a brand new dish. If you sign up for auto billing you can get HD for life. The 222 does not support an ehd as far as I now. You most probably want a 722 which has 2 sat tuners and 1 ota. The k model adds a 2nd ota tuner with a added module. There is no fee to add an ehd. DVR fee is $6/mo. If the 2nd tv is also HD you could add a 211 for that one and pay a 1 timer per account fee of $40 to add an ehd which would give you dvr like functions. If the 2nd TV is an hdtv, ty can hook the hdmi from the 211 to the tv and run coax from the 722 to the antenna in. That way you can watch true HD and anything recorded on the 722 on the 2nd tv.

AFAIK, there is no real reason ot own your equipment if you plan to stay with Dih for 2 years. No difference in fees, etc.

That should read If you sign up for auto billing you can get HD free for life. Also, the difference between the 722 and 722k is that the 722k does not do OTA (over the air). You have to get the module to get any OTA channels. The 722 on the other hand has the OTA capability built in with no additional modules needed.

thanks guys for the help, didn't know locals HD were on 61.5, will a 1000.4 lnb fit in place of the 1000.2 I now have on the black turbo HD dish?

thanks guys for the help, didn't know locals HD were on 61.5, will a 1000.4 lnb fit in place of the 1000.2 I now have on the black turbo HD dish?

You can find out what channels are on which sat by going to
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Subscription List
Select the specfic sat's that you want to search the select Generate. That gives you a searchable list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)