Upcoming 622 install

niteshade009

Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Indiana
I have an install coming up this Saturday for a 622 running only 1 tv. I'm an ex-Voom customer (I really miss them). I have an D500 pointed at the old Voom location with a single feed coming into the house. The installer is supposed to put up a D1000. After reading some of the other posts around here, I think I might ask him to use the 1000 for the 110/119 and point the existing 500 to 129 (or should I use 61.5?) for a better signal. Would I need any extra switches for this combo? Since the 622 has a dual tuner will there be 2 feeds running into the house or would I use a separator on a single feed? I'd appreciate any info. I'm just trying to make sure this gets done right and the installer brings out everything I need.

It really doesn't matter which way the 2nd dish points, with regards to switches/LNBs. Your installer will probably install a DPP Twin and DP Dual. The combo will be enough to need only one wire ran to your receiver. Less mess...less fuss than the "old days" of Dish Pro. Good news for you.

As to whether the 61.5 or the 129 will be used. That I'm not sure about. If your programming is mirrored completely between the two birds, I would opt for the 61.5; it provides a much stronger signal.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll point the 2nd dish to 61.5. Wasn't the old Voom sat at the same position? I remember having a very strong signal with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)