Upcoming Free Previews: HBO (Channels 303-305), NFL RedZone, and more!

Which channel(s) are looking most forward to in free preview?

• Tennis Channel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oxygen

• mun2

• Cooking Channel

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Sportsman Channel

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • NFL RedZone

Votes: 40 27.0%
  • HBO [HBO West, HBO 2 West, and HBO Family]

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • None since I have all or most of the channels already

Votes: 35 23.6%
  • I do not care about these free previews.

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 19, 2009
US
Free Preview Reminder:

Tennis Channel
Channel 400 (HD)
August 30-September 12
America's Top 250 Channel

Upcoming Free Previews

Oxygen
Channel 281
September 3-28
America's Top 200 Channel

mun2
Channel 282
September 3-28

Cooking Channel
Channel 283
September 3-28

Sportsman Channel
Channel 284
September 3-28

NFL RedZone
Channel 155 (HD)
September 19, 1:00 PM EST
Multi-Sport Pack

HBO (Free Preview Weekend)
Channel 303- HBO West (HD)
Channel 304- HBO 2 West
Channel 305- HBO Family (HD)
September 17-20
America's "Everything" Pak channels or/and HBO Channels

For more information, please visit http://www.dishnetwork.com/entertain/preview/.

Last edited:

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
HBO (Free Preview Weekend)
Channel 303- HBO West (HD)
Channel 304- HBO 2 West
Channel 305- HBO Family (HD)
September 17-20
America's "Everything" Pak channels or/and HBO Channels
This is for the purpose of allowing everyone to see the first episode of the new Martin Scorcese TV show (written by one of the writers from The Sopranos) called Boardwalk Empire which is about the Mob in the days of Prohibition.

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Always loved the premium previews. However, I miss the days they would preview all of the multiplex, which would essentially allow me to DVR just about all the movies I'd want to catch on them for months, given all the repeats. But I'm sure I'll catch some stuff during the preview.

Also looking forward to the Cooking channel, although I'm disappointed it does not look like they will preview it in HD.

bacchus101

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 10, 2006
Also looking forward to the Cooking channel, although I'm disappointed it does not look like they will preview it in HD.

This somewhat confuses me in that, if they want to sell me on a channel they could at least take the time to give me it in the format I would get it in if I was to upgrade. Otherwise, I personally won't even watch for a minute.

Maybe that will be part of tomorrow's uplink report...

kyleorton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 13, 2010
Wisconsin
Am I missing something or is the Cooking channel just old Food Network shows? I was hoping for something aimed at more experienced cooks with fewer reality shows.

By the way, am I right that as an Absolute subscriber I can't get Redzone after the preview without switching my programming?

bacchus101

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 10, 2006
Am I missing something or is the Cooking channel just old Food Network shows? I was hoping for something aimed at more experienced cooks with fewer reality shows.

By the way, am I right that as an Absolute subscriber I can't get Redzone after the preview without switching my programming?

I remember back in the day, Discovery pulled Wings from their lineup. I was irate.

Called in and they said they were creating a new channel and that is why it would no longer be seen on Discovery.

The key was they used Wings as the base for the new channel, which was just stuff recycled from the main Discovery channel, with a Military bent.

I have a feeling the Cooking channel is the same idea. They will slowly fill it in with new shows, but it will take years...and for now 95% of the content will be recycled Food Network stuff.

Thus, it is a pass until they find a killer show.

CopyChief

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 21, 2005
The only thing the free premium previews remind me is the reason I don't subscribe to them. It seems they're always running the same slate of shows. I can always watch the original programs later on DVD...

I, too, was disappointed in the Cooking Channel. Seems silly that it's not in AT200, especially for what you get. I know it's a holdover from Fine Living... But sheesh! Oh well... Now I know I'm not missing much by not having it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts