Upcoming SatelliteGuys Changes and Events!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hard to believe it but 2012 is almost over already! Where did the year go? We are glad that you have spent part of your year with us here at SatelliteGuys!

I wanted to take a moment to let you know about some changes that are coming to SatelliteGuys as well as some upcoming events and promotions that we are sure you will want to be part of.

Before I go any further, I want to thank everyone who has ordered a SatelliteGuys T-Shirt or Polo Shirt from our new Online Store! We will be placing our order on Monday so if you want the best prices order now! We have more SatelliteGuys branded merchandise coming as well, including a SatelliteGuys Travel Mug and SatelliteGuys Mouse Pads. To check out the store just visit http://store.satelliteguys.us.

This weekend we will be doing some cleanup of our forums, a number of forums will be eliminated from our lineup due to lack of activity these forums will be merged with other like forums.

Forums scheduled to be removed / merged into other forums include:
DISH Technical Discussions ==> The DISH Forum
DISH VIP 922 Support Forum ==> The DISH Forum
DIRECTV Technical Discussions ==> The DIRECTV Forum
Viral Videos ==> The Chit Chat Club
Now Playing ==> The Chit Chat Club
Ham Radio ==> Computer & Electronics Zone

All messages in the above forums will be moved into the respective forums listed above. Some of these moves will make it easier for people to find the help they need, in addition it will help prevent duplicate posts on the same issue.

With these changes I will be looking to make some staff changes going forward, some of the changes will be so that one person does not have the entire weight of taking care of their assigned forum(s) on their shoulders, plus I may be looking for new staff to jump in how can help keep people talking here at SatelliteGuys. I will be looking for people who not only start a lot of discussion but appear to enjoy helping others. Please do not PM to apply at this time, instead I will be asking the current staff for their feedback and ideas, and also I have a few candidates in mind myself.
We have a few special things coming up that I would like to share with you.

On November 1st – November 7th we will be running a special SatelliteGuys Pub Membership drive with a portion to benefit the kids of the Make-A-Wish Foundation! We did this promotion a few years ago and managed to raise $3,000 for the kids of St. Jude Children’s Hospital!

I decided on the Make-A-Wish foundation this year as our charity fortunate enough (thanks in part to DISH Network) to work with kids and interface with those who life has dealt them a bad hand. Make-A-Wish is a charity that makes the wishes of terminally ill children come true. This year I learned that nothing made me happier or touched me more emotionally then making kids smile. And that is what Make-A-Wish does it makes sick kids smile. I also had two occasions this year to work with Make-A-Wish kids and each time got to me emotionally, after these touching gratifying moments I have no doubt in my mind this is the charity that SatelliteGuys should support this year.

Here is the way it will work. From November 1st to November 7th for every ONE YEAR $19.99 Pub Membership we get $10.00 of that Pub Membership will be donated to Make-A-Wish! For those who opt for a TWO YEAR $39.98 Pub Membership, SatelliteGuys will donate $20.00 from that membership to Make-A-Wish! Anyone who wishes to renew their Pub Membership during this period who’s Pub Membership has not expired yet may do so as well and the time you renew for will be added to your existing pub membership.

As in the past we will publicly keep track of each new Pub Membership by posting the FIRST NAME and FIRST LETTER of their LAST NAME and the amount of their Pub Membership in a running total thread in the operations center. Let’s see if we can raise more than $3,000 this year and make some sick kids smile!

On November 12th – November 16th we will be accepting member nominations for the “SatelliteGuys Best of 2012 Award!” After nominations are complete SatelliteGuys Pub Members will be asked to pick the top 5 nominees from all the entries submitted. On November 21st the Top 5 Nominees selected will then be made public for all members to vote for the “SatelliteGuys Best of 2012 Award” winner! Voting will be open until November 30th. The company that wins the award will be presented the award at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas!

Then join us in December as we do up the holidays like no one else, and we understand that Santa has already started shopping for some amazing SatelliteGuys Holiday Giveaways! If you have been involved with any of our Holiday Giveaways you will know we give away some great prizes! (And unlike other sites we actually give away the prizes!)

That’s all coming up here to SatelliteGuys! Please if you have friends who you think would enjoy our site please let them know about us!

My Pub membership expires on November 1st and I know the special with Make-a-Wish runs from 11/1 thru 11/7- will I be able to re-new the morning of the 1st and still be okay?

I just auto renewed my tri monthly subscription but,really like the make a wish foundation.So I think I will just go ahead and do the yearly plan.A good friend of mine's kid was diagnosed with leukemia several years ago,through make a wish he was able to go on hunting trip to Montana.Truly made his wish come true.

I will miss the now playing forum. There was not a lot of activity in there, mainly because the forum was not spammed with tons of stuff, just movie previews. I do not have the chit chat club on my forum list.

Dlharm, the answer is YES.

And thank you Teehar.

BTW I forgot to mention one other thing in my message above. I just signed a contract this afternoon to once again present Christmas Across the Lands to SatelliteGuys members! This annual Holiday Music special has become a Holiday Tradition here at SatelliteGuys! This will be our 4th year running this special and once again the 12 hour show is all new for 2012 and once again is hosted by Randy Sherwyn!

In addition as we get closer to CES I am looking to relaunch a live SatelliteGuys call in show and we are looking at doing another live call in from the floor of CES in January!

Some exciting things coming to SatelliteGuys! Thanks to everyone for their support!

Is it ONLY for Pub renewals from 11/1- 11/7? I ask because my membership expires a week before. I don't know if I can live without access to the Pub threads, but I want to help young sick children. It's a moral conundrum..

Is it ONLY for Pub renewals from 11/1- 11/7? I ask because my membership expires a week before. I don't know if I can live without access to the Pub threads, but I want to help young sick children. It's a moral conundrum..
I would make an exception for you since your expiring the week before and count your membership twards the kids. :)

Just PM me to remind me that week so I can add your total to the list or I will forget. :D

How would the staff be able to donate?

I would like to make a plea for the Now Playing to stay as a separate forum vs folding into the chit chat club. I realize that there are a limited number of threads because there is a limited number of movies. It actually seems to see more action than some of the other forums. I guess as an impassioned movie goer (essentially I see 2-3 movies a week in theaters) I could work more to post my reviews if that would keep it open. Currently I only tend to comment on movies I think would be of interest to satguys members, but I suppose I could just review every movie I see no matter how bad it was....

Me too. I actually like this better than the regular theme for some reason. I'm digging all the orange.

Scott - can the Halloween color combo become an everyday selection. My favorite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)