Upcoming SatelliteGuys Changes and Events!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I see wrong is the little "online/offline" dots by the usernames are a red "X" in this theme.

The Ham Radio Forum was hit and miss finding anyway. I would bookmark it and it would last 2 weeks then disappear. Now it is really hidden in a mess of telephones and jpads.... If I can not find it, I can not post. I had to look for MyPosts and then go to them to find it before and with slow internet - if the bookmarks do not work it may take 20 minutes to find the forum.... If internet happens to be faster, not quite the problem, but then I want to go to the ARRL website....

There were not many post there, I think there were less then 40 threads.

I am kind of surprised I don't have my Ham Ticket yet, I like a mile from the ARRL. (What I find funny is that the ARRL is so close, but if I want to go take a class or a test then I need to go out of state. Makes no sense to me, I would think there would be an active ham community here.

Wow really. Yes I assumed it would be more active up there. I hope to get up there one day Scott and tour the ARRL headquarters and visit you.

There were not many post there, I think there were less then 40 threads.

I am kind of surprised I don't have my Ham Ticket yet, I like a mile from the ARRL. (What I find funny is that the ARRL is so close, but if I want to go take a class or a test then I need to go out of state. Makes no sense to me, I would think there would be an active ham community here.

They are out there. A little late to sign up for this one which is offered once a year: http://www.willingtonct.org/Public_Documents/WillingtonCT_BBoard/I0398023D
I would guess that if you dropped into ARRL HQ and asked they would point you toward a class.
However, IMHO you don't need a class. Just the study materials, the question pool and a few weeks time to go through it. I've brought several rally type folks into the fold and they mostly aren't tech savvy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)