Upcoming SatelliteGuys Changes and Events!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I see wrong is the little "online/offline" dots by the usernames are a red "X" in this theme.

The Ham Radio Forum was hit and miss finding anyway. I would bookmark it and it would last 2 weeks then disappear. Now it is really hidden in a mess of telephones and jpads.... If I can not find it, I can not post. I had to look for MyPosts and then go to them to find it before and with slow internet - if the bookmarks do not work it may take 20 minutes to find the forum.... If internet happens to be faster, not quite the problem, but then I want to go to the ARRL website....

There were not many post there, I think there were less then 40 threads.

I am kind of surprised I don't have my Ham Ticket yet, I like a mile from the ARRL. (What I find funny is that the ARRL is so close, but if I want to go take a class or a test then I need to go out of state. Makes no sense to me, I would think there would be an active ham community here.

Wow really. Yes I assumed it would be more active up there. I hope to get up there one day Scott and tour the ARRL headquarters and visit you.

There were not many post there, I think there were less then 40 threads.

I am kind of surprised I don't have my Ham Ticket yet, I like a mile from the ARRL. (What I find funny is that the ARRL is so close, but if I want to go take a class or a test then I need to go out of state. Makes no sense to me, I would think there would be an active ham community here.

They are out there. A little late to sign up for this one which is offered once a year: http://www.willingtonct.org/Public_Documents/WillingtonCT_BBoard/I0398023D
I would guess that if you dropped into ARRL HQ and asked they would point you toward a class.
However, IMHO you don't need a class. Just the study materials, the question pool and a few weeks time to go through it. I've brought several rally type folks into the fold and they mostly aren't tech savvy.

Status
Not open for further replies.