Upcoming slimline install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The apt for my install was last sat.. they were scheduled between 8 and noon.. around 12:30 I had not heard from them, so I left a note on the door and we left to run some errands.. We got back around 2 and the note was still there.. Around 2:30 he called to say he was on his way over.. When he got there, i asked if he had the S-tube mount I requested.. he didn't have a clue what i was talking about.. He looked at where my current dish was installed, (side of the house) and said their company policy was no installs on stuco walls.. I asked him what were the options.. He said a pole mount in the ground, this was included in the normal install.. He did say he could just leave the dish if i wanted to install on the house myself, but i figured I might as well have him do the install and I could move it later if i wanted.. I told him to go ahead and put the pole in a corner of my yard about 50 feet from where the wires went into the wall.. I also told him I would handle burying the wires myself and just run the cable into the house to make sure it was aimed right.. He buried the pole about 2 feet and put in one sack of quikrete.. Does not feel too sturdy to me.. I had him leave me the two braces and i am going to brace it to my back fence.. He said it did not need it, but i will feel better if i do it.. I have to say the installer was real nice and willing to work with me.. I went out Sunday and buried the cable and hooked it into the wires going into the house.. I ran a piece of conduit up the side of the house and will paint it to match so it looks ok.. All in all it was a good experience, except for how I felt Sunday afternoon after burying the cable..

Can you spell C-A-L-I-C-H-E?

Digging in the northwest is a lot easier than when I lived in Tucson.

My dear bloggers:
I have been on both sides of the coin. There isn't any argument and should be recognized and accepted that customers ARE always RIGHT, WHY? They simply PAY the sellers salaries. I have always said you can have a lot full of brand new vehicles. They will rot there if you don't HAVE any customers to sell them to. I used to work in the medical field. I have been yelled, cussed and spit at. Do I have the right to fight back? NO. ALL I can/could do is report it and let the powers to be resolve as they see fit. That's their job. Is every patient like that? Of course NOT, but that situation will always be there one way or the other.
Thanks

Last edited:
Can you spell C-A-L-I-C-H-E?

Digging in the northwest is a lot easier than when I lived in Tucson.

10-4 to that, but the area i had him put the pole is normal dirt.. It is a raised planting area i built for my wife, and I know it's dirt because i wheeled it all back from the street and shoveled it in..

My dear bloggers:
I have been on both sides of the coin. There isn't any argument and should be recognized and accepted that customers ARE always RIGHT, WHY? They simply PAY the sellers salaries. I have always said you can have a lot full of brand new vehicles. They will rot there if you don't HAVE any customers to sell them to. I used to work in the medical field. I have been yelled, cussed and spit at. Do I have the right to fight back? NO. ALL I can/could do is report it and let the powers to be resolve as they see fit. That's their job. Is every patient like that? Of course NOT, but that situation will always be there one way or the other.
Thanks

I am in the medical field still, and you are wrong. The customer is NOT always right, and neither are patients. Customers often times want things that are illegal (not up to code), unsafe (roof mounts on a peak in January), or wrong (getting custom equipment/labor for nothing). Just like a patient can not assault you without possibly facing charges, the customer can not tell you what to do and how much they are willing to pay for it. You do not have to take that crap, and you should tell them to find someone who will.

Using your car lot analogy, you can have a full car lot but what type of shape are you going to be in if every customer walks in and says that you must give them the car for free because they're always right?

Looks like a service call just waiting to happen.

Not sure why you think that.. It was done exactly as the installer wanted to do it.. My only input was to suggest a location which he said was fine and I buried the line myself (in conduit all the way into the house). From your previous post's I would think you would approve of that..

i put two braces between the pole and the block wall and dug out around the base and added another sack of concrete.. this pole ain't going anywhere. Now I just need the HD the thing was put in for..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)