Update 0x5cd

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What stinks is you can't even get a external Sata drive, cause you will lose all your recordings.

The sata drives replaces the internal drive, so don't do it!:)
Sure you can and you DON'T lose your recording, they are just on the other disc is all ...

Sure you can and you DON'T lose your recording, they are just on the other disc is all ...
You can not access your receivers hard drive while you have the sata plugged in.
Its one or the other, not both.

HR20, HR21, HR21 Pro, HR22, HR23, HR24 and HR34 DirecTV HD DVR Upgrades

http://support.directv.com/app/answ...ease-recording-capacity-on-your-dvr-or-hd-dvr

"The hard drive inside your receiver will be disabled."
"Because the content on the external drive is paired with the HD DVR receiver it's connected to, you will have to reformat the external drive if you want to connect it to a different HD DVR receiver. Reformatting means you will lose the recordings you made with the original HD DVR receiver."

This is not the case with the Vip receivers!

Now we might want to get back on topic!

My H25's still didn't get this update , so maybe tonight.
I want to try a CE with my HR34 but I'm a little scared.

Last edited:
You can not access your receivers hard drive while you have the sata plugged in.
Its one or the other, not both.

HR20, HR21, HR21 Pro, HR22, HR23, HR24 and HR34 DirecTV HD DVR Upgrades

DIRECTV Increase Recording Capacity on Your DVR or HD DVR

"The hard drive inside your receiver will be disabled."
"Because the content on the external drive is paired with the HD DVR receiver it's connected to, you will have to reformat the external drive if you want to connect it to a different HD DVR receiver. Reformatting means you will lose the recordings you made with the original HD DVR receiver."

This is not the case with the Vip receivers!

Now we might want to get back on topic!

My H25's still didn't get this update , so maybe tonight.
I want to try a CE with my HR34 but I'm a little scared.
Your confusing what the statement is saying ....

You can use the EHD and disconnect it and see your stuff on the Internal drive and then plug your EHD back in to the recvr and it will work fine, will NOT reformat the drive ...
If you connect the EHD to a DIFFERENT recvr, then YES it will reformat and all your recordings will be gone.

But you can go back and forth with the same recvr all day long if you want.

Your confusing what the statement is saying ....

You can use the EHD and disconnect it and see your stuff on the Internal drive and then plug your EHD back in to the recvr and it will work fine, will NOT reformat the drive ...
If you connect the EHD to a DIFFERENT recvr, then YES it will reformat and all your recordings will be gone.

But you can go back and forth with the same recvr all day long if you want.
:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

D11 / D12 Software Release 8/20/09 v.1191/1192/1194

Combo DTV & TV power On & Off buttons on remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)