Update media player redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

catamount

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
maritimes
Anyone else got the "you need to update your media player" popup? Using firefox and got redirected twice today. This was while scrolling up the middle of the page.

Never saw this here before. I've done three separate scans on my laptop and everything comes up clean.

Catamount

Scan for malware a.s.a.p. These pop ups are very common and look live the real Java or flash player update. They are used to get access to your computer.

Well, personally I think there is a malware problem with this site. I surf other sites eight hours per day, and have never seen this before. It just happened again cruising the FTA forum.

The popups comeup and I'm on a web address of dowenxkde.com. Of course, I hit the back button and come back to Satellite Guys. Luckily, I've never clicked on any pop-ups. I normally fix spyware/adware viruses for work and friend's computers.

Just got this again. I've been sitting idle in the FTA forum. It only happens there. This time a big red screen came up preventing acess to the redirected site! I believe there is some malware ad in the FTA forum. I've done six scans using various malware programs and have been clean every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts