Update on 921 upgrade install by dish

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Well gotta say. GREAT JOB DISH! As you know I have been on the DISH for 9 years. I had 4 recievers (2700-501-508-510) running on 2 old dish's with old sw-21's. I origianly was mad becuase I bought 921 at Costco and they wanted me to wait for delivery of 921(CSR could not understand I HAVE ONE) a month to install. I sent an email to Ceo@dishnetwork. And they called within hours and moved up date to today. I already had jury rigged hookup a few days ago so I could use 921(Called dish for permission and was oked) well two excellent installers showed up. Now for some background. I am an old CBand installer. I have TONS of cables and splitters ect on side of my 7 year old home. For an installer I got very sloppy on my own hookups. I have VOOM, DTV, (hostage only in football season then on vacation rest of year ;) ), FTA pansat 2500 (NOT BOOTLEGGED). I am a sports junkie and satellite junkie. I have never bootleged and pay over a hundred a month for programming. Sometimes I try COmcast as well. THis guy looks at my wall of wire and junk and says can I clean this up for you!. SO he tears out all old Dish network wires and splitters and junk. Puts all new in. Meticulisly re staples and networks ALL cables. and IT LOOKS SWEET! way over and above. My wife was loving it!
Now for my new setup.
He took down old dish's Put up one new Dish 500 size dish (20inch?) and puts a new dual Dishpro lnb setup on it. Then I tried to get a dpp44 but he told me that the dish installer hubs stopped getting them about a month ago. He said I had two choices. I could have temp install and he could order me one or we could make some reciever choices. He said he would put up two sw-34's and they would drive all my receivers except my 2700. He could call in and have 2700 swapped out for free. So I said YOO HOO! no problem.
Hooked the two 34's up and that left open spots for more recievers!!
went inside and everything worked like a charm after testing new switches.
I sent an email back to Ceo@dishnetwork with names and nice note. I believe if you are going to send complaints you should also send compliments.
I AM LOVING MY NEW HOOKUP AND CLEAN WALL LOL>
LATE

Nice to hear there's a few good installers left - and it's the installers that deserve the kudos, not E*.

Just for future reference, you got a standard Dish500 with DishPro TWIN (NOT Dual). Dual is a single eye (1-bird), two output LNBF. Twin is a dual eye (2-bird), two output LNBF with integral switch (which would be a DP22 if it had a name).

Also, your new switches are DP34's, NOT Sw34's (which don't exist).

Simon, you be the man. Thanks for posting the correct part information. I like the fact that I have 3 outputs left if I want to go crazy and add another reciever for guest room. Again. Great job DISH!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)