Update receiver software needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cailo

Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
ny
Hello

I need to update my 2800 receiver, as I installed the new card but it says card not inserted properly (error 019)! DN people suggested updating the receiver to solve this problem, and they suggested sending someone to do it! I want to do it myself, and forget about leaving work to be available for the tech to do this silly thing!

I have no idea how to it! I lost my receiver manual that may explain it!

Any one can guide me please! As soon as possible, I want to watch my paid TV again

Appreciated

Cheers

if the receiver is connected properly (receiving signal) just turn it off for 30 minutes.

if the software is old you probably need the old card in there until it successfully updates, then try the new one.

put old card back in. go to menu 6,1,5 and ensure it says without my permission. next go to point dish (menu 6,1,1) and go to checkswitch and then test. after successful test, re-acquire signal and then turn off receiver for 30 minutes.

Trick is to put old card back in, receiver simply won't attempt signal lock without a card it can recognize and it can't recognize that card without that new software.

Now, do i have to point the dish to my subscribed channels, or any dish network sat! I think I lost the signal earlier, and I needed to readjust the position of the dish to the closest sat, at least to get signal!
I still can point to my exact sat, but I think I will need to get software update first!!!

I asked dishnetwork, and they suggested sending a tech to update my receiver! I found this to be annoying, to leave work and wait for the tech to come, for something that I can do, or I believe I can!

Many thanks

yes, it has to be receiving a valid signal in order for any of this to work. Make sure your dish is pointed correctly and follow Awohar's instructions.

If that doesn't work, call dish again, and plan to miss some work so they can fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts