GEOSATpro update to latest firmware had new time set for clock.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
i have three weekly record times set up for nhk on 58w. after update checked time and it was april 20 2013. corrected that and then made sure my record times were still setup. they were set to april 20th also. corrected it. i have no idea what happened with the time. i have local time set whenever i mess with the clock... charlie

No, this makes perfect sense.

After the update, the receiver was set on a transponder that is transmitting the wrong date/time information. The default time mode of the firmware is GMT - ON, This time was referenced and your receiver's date/time was set to this incorrect date/time.

The daily/weekly timers were now ready to occur as scheduled, based on the incorrect date/time. Changing the local date/time backwards in time does not adjust the next daily/weekly timer, because it is referenced to a date based calendar and not a day of week. Changing the local date/time forwards erases timers as the calendar dates and times are now in the past and are no longer valid.

You can avoid these problems by starting the receiver on a transponder that transmits correct date/time then switching the receiver to manual local time mode.
or
Disconnect the coax so the receiver has no satellite time reference after firmware installation reboot. Set to manual local time and save the correct date/time before reconnecting the coax.

By your description, I am not sure that you performed the highly recommended Factory Reset. This may cause operational errors!.

Hope that this makes sense.

i thought if i did factory reset, that would reset my timers? so i didn't do the factory reset. i was running a later user.dat file so just did the reboot after updating. will make sure i am pointed at 97w when i update. i will check that gmt time first. i only use the record settings on one microhd so i can check with the other microhd to see what the gmt time is... thanks, charlie

this morning, 2/10, i checked the time set. the time was right except i could only see the 'M'. when i exited out i could see the local time in the info screen as 06:39 AM so i think the time is set right. is something wrong with how my display is set up to not see the 'A' or 'P'? i can put the cursor where the a or p should be and then hit the '0' key to get something to appear there. if it is wrong, i hit the '0' again to change the a or p to the right value. charlie

Did you power cycle the receiver after updating the firmware? If not, try parking on a channel that transmits correct time (examples: 3ABN or EBRU on 97w) then power cycle and reset the local time by cycling GMT ON/OFF.

If it was my system: Always perform the recommended Factory Reset after updating the firmware, power cycle, load your .udf, set time and reprogram the timers.

Last edited:
i checked my other microhd. it displays properly all the time. both have the latest firmware update. will see if i can figure out what is going on. the micro that has the missing digit is the first one i got right in the second batch of units sent out. the one doing the correct display is one i got last fall. will do the reboot as you suggest. charlie

I can assure you that this has absolutely nothing to do with when your receiver was purchased and everything to do with the process that was followed when updating the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)