Update!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Lakeland, FL
I was just talking with Matt Kliewer at the exective office and was told that all the new channels would be only on 129 at first (unless things change) and so that a dish 1000 would be needed

"E" has crossed so many "ouch" lines in the last 3 weeks, "D" must be reveling in it all.:D

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
I was just talking with Matt Kliewer at the exective office and was told that all the new channels would be only on 129 at first (unless things change) and so that a dish 1000 would be needed
So what are they going to do about the number 1 DMA in the country?

What a pain, so now I'm going to have to get a D1000 even though I already have a dish at 61.5.

I just thought about it for a minute and it does not make sense that they will not make it available at 61.5. Is it still there? where are the uplink guys?

This has to be some kind of mistake or the executive doesn't know what he's talking about. Some areas are not covered by 129, they must have 61.5 for those areas.

Don't get upset yet. I don't believe this is true at all.

I have a call in on this and will report back what I hear.

RandallA said:
This has to be some kind of mistake or the executive doesn't know what he's talking about. Some areas are not covered by 129, they must have 61.5 for those areas.

Maybe, but I remember when they first made VOOM available and everyone assumed that they would mirror at 148 for the West coast, it didn't happen.

NightRyder

well Matt works very closely with the CEO he is the go to guy about all recievers. The big guys on this site should know how he is because like I said he knows who Scott G is..

NightRyder said:
Maybe, but I remember when they first made VOOM available and everyone assumed that they would mirror at 148 for the West coast, it didn't happen.
NightRyder

Yep I remember that and am wondering myself...

Update this is NOT TRUE at all.

The HD Channels on 129 will be mirrored on 61.5.

I got this directly from Matt. Glad we could put this one to bed quickly. :)

How'd I miss killing this? I could've answered this easily with a resounding false!

The channels have been on both sats and dish has a nifty pdf saying which markets are excluded from 129

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)